Is anybody else really loving their National Study? (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I know I am.

Everyday I look to my timetable eagerly to see if I have Modern, rejoicing if I do, lamenting if I don't.

Every lesson, I feel like I'm on the streets of Berlin themselves as I watch the Nazification of my beautiful country take place. I see KPD members thrown into concentration camps, I stand bravely with my SPD comrades as Otto Wells reads his denounciation of the Enabling Act.

I witness the madness of the Night of the Long Knives as my next door neighbor, who just happens to be von Schleicher, has his front door knocked down and the SA enter his household.

Just loving it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hahaha the germany national study was probably the best part of my modern history experience but i dont remember being THAT obsessed :p

rama_v

HSC
YEah I loved Modern but probably not to the same extent, lol. but its very interesting no doubt :)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
leetom said:
I know I am.

Everyday I look to my timetable eagerly to see if I have Modern, rejoicing if I do, lamenting if I don't.

Every lesson, I feel like I'm on the streets of Berlin themselves as I watch the Nazification of my beautiful country take place. I see KPD members thrown into concentration camps, I stand bravely with my SPD comrades as Otto Wells reads his denounciation of the Enabling Act.

I witness the madness of the Night of the Long Knives as my next door neighbor, who just happens to be von Schleicher, has his front door knocked down and the SA enter his household.

Just loving it.
Russia is cooler. :p

leetom

HSC
Oh my god I saw Downfall today. So good, Seig Heiling everywhere.

Best scene- when Speer says his final goodbyes to Hitler and as he leaves the Chancellory, the Chancellory he built back in '33(?), to see it withstanding Russian artillery and basking in the firelight.

I don't think Russia would be cooler.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I actually saw it again today *shame*. I think the Hitler rants are preety cool. You forget that it's acted, b/c they're word for word, look-a-likes etc.
Though I think Speer would've been pleased to see his portrayal as a buffed bastion of reason.

Russia? Filthy.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i think i could be much more into germany if not for the fact that i've let myself get SO behind. i really enjoyed downfall and i'm actually looking forward to doing my speer assessment - we get to pretend to be a lawyer at the nuremburg trials, either prosecution or defence, and we have to summarise whatever case we take. it's pretty cool. but i haven't got any cohesive idea of the topic becos i've missed a lot of class (my fault) and not bothered to catch up (also my fault).

=slade=

HSC
cherryblossom said:
Russia is cooler. :p
yes yes but have u gotten sick of writing the word stalin? do u feel like u know trotsky personally, almost better than he know's himself? lol

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
=slade= said:
yes yes but have u gotten sick of writing the word stalin? do u feel like u know trotsky personally, almost better than he know's himself? lol
er no, that would be you.
I reckon Germany would be good to do - and it's related to WWI and all - but Russia because it's simply fascinating watching how those ideals just deteriorate...I wouldn't want to do USA!

leetom

HSC
Yes I think we can all agree that doing USA would be crap. My National Study is currently delving into Nazism as Totalitarianism, esp. when compared to Stalin's Russia.

Was Stalin's Russia totalitarian cb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)