Is Anatomy Hard? (1 Viewer)

televators

HSC
like HLTH-107 as an elective?- is it heaps of work?- cos I only wanna do it for 1st sem

ReaveR

HSC
I'd think you'd have to memorise muscle names and things - that's so tedious...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i heard that as well, if no one here has done it you should try and find someone who has before enrolling and find out what exactly they do

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
iambored said:
i heard that as well, if no one here has done it you should try and find someone who has before enrolling and find out what exactly they do
dont they cut ppl up in anatomy?? ewww

sillychikki

HSC
I did hlth 107 last year, yeah its hard but worthwhile. Only do it if you want to do anatomy later on, or else it's pretty useless as a subject. It is lots of memorising, and covers the WHOLE body, not just muscles or bones. In fact, you do those in the first couple of weeks. It's a fast paced course but they don't expect you to be an expert. It's managable because the lecturer gives you a list of like 60 questions that you can prepare and some course objectives.

The assessment is a practical exam where you write the names of tagged parts on anatomy dummies, and a written where there are 5 "model" questions and 5 objectives and you pick 5 from the 10 questions. Also, there are no dead bodies, unless you opt to go watch an autopsy at the forensic institute in sydney.

If you're interested and have questions, you can PM me.

televators

HSC
sillychikki said:
I did hlth 107 last year, yeah its hard but worthwhile. Only do it if you want to do anatomy later on, or else it's pretty useless as a subject. It is lots of memorising, and covers the WHOLE body, not just muscles or bones. In fact, you do those in the first couple of weeks. It's a fast paced course but they don't expect you to be an expert. It's managable because the lecturer gives you a list of like 60 questions that you can prepare and some course objectives.

The assessment is a practical exam where you write the names of tagged parts on anatomy dummies, and a written where there are 5 "model" questions and 5 objectives and you pick 5 from the 10 questions. Also, there are no dead bodies, unless you opt to go watch an autopsy at the forensic institute in sydney.

If you're interested and have questions, you can PM me.
thanks for your help!.... yeah im enrolled in a BSc-Psych and 'may' consider med later on in life (like postgrad, etc)- so it looked kinda relevant and interesting...I enrolled in HLTH-132 (histology) as well, as that merely a continuance of HLTH-107?

sillychikki

HSC
televators said:
thanks for your help!.... yeah im enrolled in a BSc-Psych and 'may' consider med later on in life (like postgrad, etc)- so it looked kinda relevant and interesting...I enrolled in HLTH-132 (histology) as well, as that merely a continuance of HLTH-107?
sounds like you're doing a couple of the same subjects that I did! Anatomy is the basis of med so if you wanted to do postgrad med anatomy is good. In terms of psych you don't learn much that's relevant, nothing much on the brain etc. The lecturer is a classic, you'll have to persevere with the lectures because many people stopped going. But you'll see what I mean when you start. By the way, I forgot to put that you have to write an essay as part of your assessment as well, but the marking's lenient.

Histology (hlth 132) is like a continuation but instead of studying the big stuff you study the cells. It's pretty boring and irrelevant, only study it if you really want to and want to use it later on. I'm sure you could find other stuff that was more relevant though. I only did it because it was a core subject. I don't think I'm selling my texts because I'm doing anatomy again this year, but if anyone I know is wanting to sell I'll let you know. Any questions, just ask!!!

televators

HSC
yeah, i really didnt like the look of histology either...ill change it before semester 2 (if im allowed!), maybe pick up another philosophy subject...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)