Is Ammonium a strong or weak acid and is Ammonia it's strong or weak conjugate base? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
It's so hard to get a straight answer to this question!:vcross: All over the internet some say ammonium is weak and ammonia is strong, the excel past hsc exam book says that ammonium is strong and ammonia is weak, and some people say both are weak. I don't know what to think anymore. Help!

wb47

HSC
Re: Is Ammonium a strong or weak acid and is Ammonia it's strong or weak conjugate ba

Ammonia is a strong base so ammonium is a weak conj. acid.

wb47

HSC
Re: Is Ammonium a strong or weak acid and is Ammonia it's strong or weak conjugate ba

Just looked at my text book and it said Ammonia is a weak base, I apologize, haha.

Annum

HSC

Hey guys, I dont know how to make a new thread and desperatly need an answer for my question. Hope you can help me.

Name the other product formed when protein is broken in the liver to form urea. What happens to this product after its formation?

I really hope someone can help me. :)

delian

HSC
N/A

For hsc purposes, ammonia is weak base so ammonium is strong conjugate acid

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

Both are weak. Believe me, I got a state rank in chem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)