Is a good trial mark and external HSC mark enough? (1 Viewer)

jana1201

HSC
Pretty sure I'm bottom for a few of my subjects (Math, Chem)- less than 50%... Still got trials (35% of internal) and HSC to go. Is getting >80% in both enough to get an okay atar?

HSC
Hey Jana1201,
This depends on what you class as an OK ATAR mark
My understanding is in the assessment marks its really the ranking that counts and then the HSC exams.
The assessment mark on your HSC certificate is the exam mark of the person who ranked what you ranked in the assessment marks in their exam
i.e. if you come 1st in your year in the exam but in the assessment mark come 4th, your certificate will show your raw exam mark (the one you came 1st with) and you will get the exam mark of the person who came 4th in the exam in your year as your assessment mark.
This means that studying hard as agroup can get you better exam results and thus all around better assessment results.

jana1201

HSC
An okay atar as in about 75??
I know that's how it works but doesn't that make it hopeless because even if I try and do well in the HSC, I won't even get that mark? How high can your rank go if your marks are poop, even if I do get 100%, the average won't be over 50.

HSC
Well as far as I understand, but Im just a student doing the HSC myself...
The exam mark you get will still be shown on your certificate. The raw assessment mark will not be shown. The assessment mark shown is the exam mark of the person who placed in the exam the position you placed in the raw assessment marks. So it should theoretically be better for you shouldn't it? If you do well in the HSC exams you pull everyone up with you. Thats why you want everyone to do well in the HSC exams and you should be doing better by then because you will have had time to study, not like at the moment when we have assignments and major works to do. You will still be rewarded for a good exam mark. My teacher told us a story about he was placing last in maths with a 40% score and then he worked really hard for the trials and ended up improving and placing like 3rd or something.

I BELIEVE NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE (Thats why I always fail the probability section of my maths papers)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)