study01

HSC
Hey

I am choosing my subjects soon.

3u maths
3u english
2u physics
2u chem

+ (perhaps i can get rid of one of these)

2u eco
2u engineering.

devs doing 4u maths, problably drop to adv. english anyway.
But is 14 too much stressload.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Pinging KOA (he does 15 units HSC).

IMO 14 units is too much of a stressload, especially if you have outlier subjects that aren't worth it.

RyanT7

HSC
Do :

3u Math
Chem
Phys
Advanced English
Economics

Then either pick up 3u English, and leave the other subject

Or pick up the other subject and stick to advanced english

My opinion

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Doing 14 units is acceptable in Year 11 if you really don't know what you want to do in your HSC.

Although, if you do 4U maths in year 12 it's quite common that people do drop down to 12 units and even 10 units given the permission of your maths teacher (although schools rarely allow this).

Point is, if you are set of having 4 units of your HSC be dedicated to maths its definitely in your best interests to score a definite band 6 in them and then have 6-8 units you can rely on getting a high band 5 or band 6 for a 90+ Atar.

MrKay

HSC
Seeing as it is just prelims and I do not know anything about your work ethic , but in my opinion 14 units of subjects that are reasonably difficult and have an immense overall workload (hw, assignments+prelims) will be likely to burn you out. Again, in my opinion, 12 Units is enough so you should consider from leaving out a subject (plus I'm assuming you still want to fairly enjoy yourself in prelims, and not be stressed with that much workload).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Try 14 units out for preliminary. Remember you can always drop but can't normally pick up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)