• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Iron chef (1 Viewer)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
lol........i know, this show is the best thing to watch on a boring saturday night at home.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Hahaha, this show's so weird and there's this really annoying commentator who is just so random with the things he says.

Has there ever been a time where the Iron Chef hasn't actually won?

v sia

HSC
nicko88 said:
Hahaha, this show's so weird and there's this really annoying commentator who is just so random with the things he says.

Has there ever been a time where the Iron Chef hasn't actually won?
The chair man is just weird , but i guess it suits the show considering the show is weird too . Out of 20 Iron chef episodes ive seen , i've seenn the yellow guy lose 2 times ( dude with the butcher knife) , iron chef french never ever loses i swear .

IchigoMiruku

HSC
N/A
I still don't get it why the host always gets subtitled & not get dubbed into English like everyone else?? I'd much prefer the whole show's subtitled cos some of the random comments they've dubbed into English for the judges are just shocking!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Random 1st judge: *Sagely nods his head*

the actress: *takes a tiny bite....widens eyes* Mmmmmm...It's ...so good...*giggles*

the Rosanji(wtf) Scholar: "You were able to take the <add adjective> flavour of the ingredient, combining it with the <synonyms of hardness> of <something> and the <synonym for softness> of <another thing> to accentuate the true essense of the dish, thats what i think the chef is trying to achieve.... but... it's just a little too subtle for me I think... yadda yadda yadda"

Chef: *bows* thank you.

rinse, dry, repeat....

v sia said:
The chair man is just weird , but i guess it suits the show considering the show is weird too . Out of 20 Iron chef episodes ive seen , i've seenn the yellow guy lose 2 times ( dude with the butcher knife) , iron chef french never ever loses i swear .
the french chef lost to a german french chef guy from tokyo's german consulate. that said chen kenichi's dish looks the best imo, the japanese chef just chuck everything in a basket with a few leaves and say "hmm i was trying to accentuate the natural flavour...."

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
How awesome is the Iron Chef French! Hey how come there's an Italian Iron Chef and it doesn't seem like he ever gets used? What's he there for?

Trogie

HSC
Did anyone see the last episode? the secret ingredient was milk?

Milk!!!

again the challenger should've won, the judges are so biased

v sia

HSC
yeah i saw .... milk ... meh
i reckon they should show the scores or what the judges right , i hate it when the iron chef wins , which is like 99 % of the time grrrrrrrrr

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
They always dub the voices with english....but with and accent :uhhuh:

And how disgusting is it when the chefs do taste testing and put the spoon back into the food! Even worse, when the test taste noodles, the pick up a whole lot of it, bite some, and put the rest back in!

Anywho, good saturday night viewing :)

v sia

HSC
yeah iron chef brightens up my saturday
oh yeah btw bad news fellas ....... no iron chef this saturday :***(

Trogie

HSC
v sia said:
yeah iron chef brightens up my saturday
oh yeah btw bad news fellas ....... no iron chef this saturday :***(
booooo! why not?...I say we start a mass protest

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
I know, I have never seen him in action. This show is mad, good for a boring saturday night (if there is such thing as a boring saturday night??) ;)

I like the commentators and their dubbed voices. Sooo funny and the guy in the kitchen commentating for the entire 60 minutes, he is the best.

malkin86

HSC
I wanna see them do an "Iron Chef: Leftovers battle!".. and does everything involve either foie gras, or truffles, or is that just me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)