Iraqis, Coalition Troops (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
There seems to be a perception on this board that Iraqis hate the Coalition troops.

I'd like someone to explain why they hold this perception.

I'll grant that certainly some of the Iraqis hate the troops, very much so. But since the government wants the troops to stay, I doubt that a significant number of the Iraqi people hate the Coalition, and that the media is portraying either a 'all Iraqis hate the troops' or 'all Iraqi's love the troops', rather than the true state of affairs.

But go ahead, prove me wrong.

Rorix

HSC
:rolleyes:

No, I've seen two posters so far state that Iraqis hate the Coalition. I'm wondering why is there this perception? Perhaps what I believe to be true is wrong?

Unlike you, and many others, if I'm wrong I'm not afraid to admit it.

asha_ramirez

HSC
Maybe you should research a topic/issue more throughly before you create a thread about it.
I'll admit when I am wrong, keep waiting.

Rorix

HSC
asha_ramirez said:
Maybe you should research a topic/issue more throughly before you create a thread about it.
I'll admit when I am wrong, keep waiting.

I don't think you realise that I'm creating the thread precisely TO RESEARCH the issue more throughly.

asha_ramirez

HSC
That's fair enough, but why don't you research in fact, for your own purpose, instead of researching other peoples opinions... or second hand information.

Rorix

HSC
Because, you see, from what I've 'research' (read papers etc.), what I think is right. This is why I think it is right. Obviously.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i read somewhere something like 90% of iraqis wanted the coalition forces out of the country

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
Umm...maybe because the iraqis keep bombing tanks and killing troops, explain the statistic that there have been more dead US soldiers since the end of the war

Rorix

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
Umm...maybe because the iraqis keep bombing tanks and killing troops, explain the statistic that there have been more dead US soldiers since the end of the war
That's what you said before, but this doesn't mean anything, like I pointed out.

um...: any idea where I could find the survey?

400miles

Rorix said:
:rolleyes:

Unlike you, and many others, if I'm wrong I'm not afraid to admit it.
If that's true, then you'll have to admit you're wrong by stating what you said in the quote above.

Rorix

HSC
Yeah OK, thanks for that. Top notch contribution and all. Probably the best of your 100 posts so far.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Rorix, you're just trying to stir up crap. Reading the papers does no constitute as "thorough research".

You have seen 2 posters state that the Iraqis hate the Coalition. Wow...enough said.

Rorix

HSC
Sarah168 said:
Rorix, you're just trying to stir up crap. Reading the papers does no constitute as "thorough research".
Never said it did. Again, people seem to miss the point that I'm trying to get more information again.

If I was really stirring up crap, why wouldn't I be arguing with um...? (TheBirdMustFly said something unhelpful and profoundly illogical, and I said as much)

You have seen 2 posters state that the Iraqis hate the Coalition. Wow...enough said.
3 now, and none saying that they don't.

3-0. HmmmMMMmm.

(PS: By coming into this thread with this irrelevant post you are obviously trying to stir up crap yourself)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
That is exactly my point. 3-0...You can't base an entire argument around that stat.

You asked to be proven wrong. You didn't provide much evidence yourself to back up your claims so, as far as I can see, you're not a hell of alot more clean cut than the media.

As Asqy said, there is no accurate way to guage the level of popularity (or lack of) amongst the Iraqis toward the Coalition troops. Anything that is stated (and proclaimed as true, esp your original posts where you ask to be proven wrong, suggesting that your claim is the truth) will merely be regurgitation of what the media feeds and what some of us use as "research" to back up our claims.

Rorix

HSC
The prove me wrong statement is perhaps a bit misleading.

To clarify, I did not start the thread to argue. We all know there's plenty of arguing here already;).

asha_ramirez

HSC
I suppose the only way you would be able to know how the Iraqis feel about the Coalition troops would be if you could empathize with their situation. Considering we are supposably under the wing of the USA, and also at war in Iraq ourselves, how could we be able to scale the feeling of the Iraqis towards military who have invaded their country and brought international war to their doorsteps.
How would you feel if the Iraqis invaded Australia?
I can't say I'd be all smiles and hugs for them, so think about that before you pose such a broad question to the forum.

santaslayer

HSC
The Iraqi's seem to love whoever is in power. When Saddam was in power, the Iraqi people smooched the leader from head to toe, it's been a mirroring event once the troops gained power over Saddam and the country.
As Asqy said, it is indeed very difficult to understand the Iraqi's feelings towards the US troops. The local Iraqi people themselves are probably the only ones that will ever understand the situation at present.

SIDENOTE: Rorix, you remind me of IHC/gaybasher. :p

Rorix

HSC
Who are these IHC and gaybasher fellows? Should I be aspiring to meet their lofty standards of dislike?;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)