Iran to have nuclear weapon by next year (1 Viewer)

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
The French, British and Americans briefed the Russians and Chinese about it over the weekend at G20. The Russians are on board, the Chinese are going to go away and think about it.

Expect extreme sanctions (the Russians will support them and the Chinese will abstain), and the chance of a pre-emptive strike when some players (Israel and the Arab states) get desperate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/26/world/middleeast/26intel.html?_r=1&hpw
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/sep/26/iran-nuclear-enrichment-plant

Something else to come from the summit is that the G20 is now the official international political body (for things like the economy, climate change, foreign relations, etc), rather than the G8. Australia, Indonesia, South Korea, China and India are included in this group, to name a few.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
when iran gets the bomb, finally some peace and prosperity will come to the region

when they wipe israel off the map

godspeed ahmadinejad

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Iran to be giant smoking crater by next year

Seriously not joking.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i don't see the problem with a stable power in the region acquiring a nuclear weapon. israel has killed far more arab heroes than iran ever has, and their human rights records are equally as heinous. iran getting a nuke will force israel to be less of a ponce.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
For reference, the extreme sanctions referred to are at the very least a fuel blockade, which would cause immense civil unrest in Iran and essentially bring the country to a stand-still, since Iran produces oil but cannot refine it, relying on Western imports.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
All Israeli leaders are going to hell for lying.

Al Jazeera said:
Israel's president has assured Moscow that Israel is not planning a military strike against Iran, Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian president, said in an interview.

Medvedev told the US news network CNN in the interview broadcast on Sunday that Shimon Peres made the assurances during a visit in August.

"When Israeli President Peres was visiting me in Sochi recently, he said something very important for all of us: 'Israel does not plan any strikes on Iran, we are a peaceful country and we will not do this'," Medvedev said, according to a transcript posted on the Kremlin's website.

The Russian president described an Israeli attack on Iran as "the worst thing that can be imagined".

"What would happen after that? Humanitarian disaster, a vast number of refugees, Iran's wish to take revenge - and not only upon Israel, to be honest, but upon other countries as well."

"But my Israeli colleagues told me they were not planning to act in this way, and I trust them," he said.

Israel accuses Iran of developing nuclear weapons and has suggested it could intervene by force if Tehran continues to refuse to suspend uranium enrichment.

Iran has repeatedly insisted that its nuclear programme is for meeting civilian energy needs rather than producing an atomic warhead.

In the interview, Medvedev also confirmed that Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, made a secret visit to Moscow earlier this month that included a meeting with the Russian president.

Netanyahu's office said he had been visiting a secret security facility on September 7, but there was an angry response in the Israeli media after it emerged that he may have travelled to Russia instead.

There was widespread speculation that he had gone to Russia to pressure Moscow not to deliver a number of S-300 air-defence missiles to Iran, but Medvedev did not reveal the purpose of the meeting.

Two years ago, Moscow signed a contract to sell S-300s to Iran, a move that has been criticised by Israel.

In the interview, Medvedev acknowledged Israel's concerns but said that "any supplies of any weapons, especially defensive weapons, cannot increase tension; on the contrary, they should ease it."

Russia has cultivated close co-operation with Iran, including building the Bushehr nuclear power plant, which critics say is a key element of Iranian attempts to develop nuclear weapons.

However, it has also been critical of Iran's failure to co-operate with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as it seeks to determine if Iran is pursuing nuclear arms.

Medvedev renewed this criticism in the CNN interview.

"Iran must co-operate with the IAEA, this is absolutely obvious, if it wishes to develop its nuclear dimension, its nuclear energy programme.

"This is a duty and not a matter of choice," he said.
Al Jazeera English - Europe - Israel 'not planning Iran strike'

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
For reference, the extreme sanctions referred to are at the very least a fuel blockade, which would cause immense civil unrest in Iran and essentially bring the country to a stand-still, since Iran produces oil but cannot refine it, relying on Western imports.
yep. they have the ability to make nukes BUT THE TECHNOLOGY OF REFINING OIL IS BEYOND THEM.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
yep. they have the ability to make nukes BUT THE TECHNOLOGY OF REFINING OIL IS BEYOND THEM.
That's correct; they have few large-scale oil refinery capabilities which you can easily discover by doing some research. Iran sells oil much the same way Australia sells steel - unrefined. If you actually knew anything about the situation you wouldn't be making such a stupid post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/31/AR2006053101464.html
http://www.ameinfo.com/128562.html

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i think you missed my point. refining oil is not hard. iran could work out how to go about it rather easily, if they had to.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
i think you missed my point. refining oil is not hard. iran could work out how to go about it rather easily, if they had to.
It's not a matter of figuring it out, though, it's a matter of infrastructure. It's not easy to build and maintain, and not cheap.

Iran's had this weakness for many years and they still haven't managed to fix it. Meanwhile if ever they lose access to refined oil, the cost to civil order in the country would be a immense (have a look at recent oil riots in Iran when the price of oil in Iran was too high for the average citizen). Couple that with the already boiling tension over Iran's political order.

I doubt Iran actually thought the world would be united enough to impose oil sanctions on them, thus it would always be far cheaper to skip refining oil and continue importing it. Yet another grand mistake.

Last edited:

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
You know absolutely nothing about how the real world functions, do you?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
It's not a matter of figuring it out, though, it's a matter of infrastructure. It's not easy to build and maintain, and not cheap.

Iran's had this weakness for many years and they still haven't managed to fix it. Meanwhile if ever they lose access to refined oil, the cost to civil order in the country would be a mess (have a look at recent oil riots in Iran when the price of oil in Iran was too high for the average citizen).

I doubt Iran actually thought the world would be united enough to impose oil sanctions on them, thus it would always be far cheaper to skip refining oil and continue importing it. Yet another grand mistake.
if iran is forced to refine oil, they will do it easily. stop being a moron. i could do it in my backyard with a wheelbarrow, a length of rope, and some silly string.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You know absolutely nothing about how the real world functions, do you?
im sorry i missed it both that time and the first time you said it, because i always orgasm when i read your posts and hence get distracted by all the semen over my monitor. CAN YOU POST IT AGAIN PLZ!?!?!?!

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
if iran is forced to refine oil, they will do it easily. stop being a moron. i could do it in my backyard with a wheelbarrow, a length of rope, and some silly string.
Of course you could, Neb. Now why don't you go play in the backyard with your silly string. The grown ups are talking.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Its hard to refine oil when you don't have any power plants, highways, railways, communications or pipelines ;)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
but iran has all of those things?!?!?!?

it's hard to invade iran when you don't have any oil

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)