Iran : The Big Question (1 Viewer)

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
Hello fellows i've been busy for a while
What do all of you think about Iran?
From what I have read about the ongoing American presidential campaigning, quite a bit of the focus seems to be how to "deal" with Iran.
It seems that pretty much the entire American public seems to believe that Iran is some sort of a tyranny or something which just wants to get nukes to blow up Israel and US.

Has it not occured to any of you that this sort of propoganda is being served to you by the very country that is THE biggest liar the world has ever seen in recent times? That the country is THE most hypocritical country in recent times?

Might it not be that Iran is misrepresented by the US Media? That Iran is actually just like any other Arab country, but extremely frustrated over the high handedness and two faced double standard of the US and just wants to get some nuclear energy? Frustrated by the numerous injuries inflicted by the West on Arab countries while the international community looks the other way?

I support Iran . At least at this point. I feel it extremely heartening that alteast one country in the wide world takes the courage to question American's so called superior status in world politics. Atleast one country is questioning America's treatment of the rest of the world as its backyard.

America should in no way put itself above international law. Which unfortunately is what is happening. oh the hypocrisy

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Jay-Dupree said:
Might it not be that Iran is misrepresented by the US Media?

That Iran is actually just like any other Arab country, but extremely frustrated over the high handedness and two faced double standard of the US and just wants to get some nuclear energy? Frustrated by the numerous injuries inflicted by the West on Arab countries while the international community looks the other way?
No.

They don't want nuclear power, they want nuclear bombs.

Iran is a country full of dangerous muslims led by an absolute nutcase. They are a threat to the entire Western word.

Someone from Israel said today that if Iran doesn't stop their nuclear program they are going to attack them... I am looking forward to it.

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
No.

They don't want nuclear power, they want nuclear bombs.

Iran is a country full of dangerous muslims led by an absolute nutcase. They are a threat to the entire Western word.

Someone from Israel said today that if Iran doesn't stop their nuclear program they are going to attack them... I am looking forward to it.

What makes you so sure of what they are really after?

Great argument there, pal " someone from Israel said....." do you always base your logic and reasoning on hear-say?

The youth of Iran is actually very cool and supportive of the American government. They welcome the Western presence over there and actually despise their current regime. There are probably more anti-Ahmadenijad's over there, than in the U.S. Also, Iranian women are pretty good looking too. Some of them at least. Got that good Middle Eastern Kim Kardashian vibe to them.

I highly doubt you have any basis at all to judge Iranians as "dangerous muslims"...once again poor reasoning and speculation on your part.

magicboy

HSC
first of all iran isnt an arab country....

second of all they hated arabs for centuries but these days they decided to support Hamas and Hezbollah out of the blue.

i dont think iran is misrepresented by US media! what about BBC and guardian and even arab news agencies speak of iran being dangerous because of their support for terrorism and other bunch of stuff.

no country should place itself above the international law! but US has done sometimes and theres nothing you can do.in the end of the day its the superpower were talking about

and at the same time you have Israel that says they will strike Iran and oil goes through the roof reaching 139 a barrel, an increase of $11 in one day - the biggest one off increase ever recorded!

the problem here is.irans nunclear programme! you have extremists like religious leaders that think iran can do whatever they want...they cant prove they are building nuclear weapon and they cant prove theyre not.iran is in paradox unfortunately...

coupled with UN sanctions..the people are feeling the pinch! remember how lybia gave up its nuclear programme?? and nothing happened to lybia afterwards

iran might get bombed.not because one is certain they are building nuclear weapons.

but because theres fear and uncertainty about what would happen to Israel and American interest in Middle East if iran was allowed to obtain nuclear weapons!

and yeah sorry for one thing: its not just american interests...its british interest and even russian and chinese interests in middle east!

its time to get tought on iran.no matter whos the president of US.american Middle East policy aint gonna chance much!

A special report on Iranian stand off

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6122412.stm

cheers

magicboy

HSC
i dont think that attacking iran would help in any way.and yeah.....this should be a neutral debate not one that supports anything israel says!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Exphate said:
Um, he waasn't agreeing with the Israeli, he was pointing out an issue that is relevant to this debate.

Fag.
Well, not really.

I do support Israel attacking Iran if they don't stop their nuclear program... but only because I believe (based on other sources) that Iran are a threat and are trying to make bombs not energy.

magicboy

HSC
yeah if theyre making bombs its gotto be stopped..no matter how! i agree 100%

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Well, not really.

I do support Israel attacking Iran if they don't stop their nuclear program... but only because I believe (based on other sources) that Iran are a threat and are trying to make bombs not energy.

yeah... lets go over there and bomb the crap out of Iran instead of resolving it with diplomacy.

Dialogue is the key, this is why someone like Obama who will talk to them is good for the US.

What other sources? Just more media propoganda?

Yeah obviously no-one wants them to make nuclear bombs.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Jay-Dupree said:
yeah... lets go over there and bomb the crap out of Iran instead of resolving it with diplomacy.
If I thought diplomacy would work, I would support it.

magicboy

HSC
o.k....i think everyone understands that diplomacy is always the key..no one would leave diplomacy ouf the equation

but diplomacy in this case has produced three rounds of UN sanctions against iran? i wouldnt call that a very successful diplomacy...especially since americans dont want to negotiate cause they reckon they would be dealing with a regime that supports terrorism!

lets says barack obama does use tough diplomacy.tougher then ever

if it doesnt work? how do we deal with iran after that?

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If I thought diplomacy would work, I would support it.

Their current leader is an opportunist and a rabble rouser (read his quotes).

He behaves in such a manner to appeal to his extremist base in Iran and to stay in power.

Deep down however the US needs enemies to justify geo-political tactics, and Admajinadad makes the perfect bad guy. By allowing the Iranian leader to pop-off, the US and Iranian gov'ts are both well served. One has their bad guy, and one gets to look like he is standing up defiantly to the bully.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
magicboy said:
if it doesnt work? how do we deal with iran after that?
Attack them. Completely destroy their ability to make nuclear weapons. Leave... don't stick around and deal with insurgencies and shit like is happening in Iraq.

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
American presidents have been meeting with dictators on the approved tyrant list for a very long time. Iran and the US have been in helping each other through back channels for years.

Iran had a hand in the make-up of the Iraqi government. The only Middle Eastern country to have pro-America rallies after 9/11 was Iran. We took out their two biggest enemies, and they have something we need, namely oil.

The last thing Americans need is a revolution in Iran. If that happens gas prices will spike even higher than they are now, and there is a chance we will have a revolt in the US.

Keeping the power structure in place in Iran is in America's best interest. If power is transferred in Iran it would have to be in a gradual manner

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Jay-Dupree said:
Their current leader is an opportunist and a rabble rouser (read his quotes).

He behaves in such a manner to appeal to his extremist base in Iran and to stay in power.
I would suggest that it makes more sense to take what he says seriously that just to assume that he is only doing it to "appeal to his extremist base"

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Attack them. Completely destroy their ability to make nuclear weapons. Leave... don't stick around and deal with insurgencies and shit like is happening in Iraq.

How is that even possible? Military resources are already stretched to the hilt at this point with ongoing conflicts in other regions.

There would be a major uproar from all corners of the globe if such a move was made.

magicboy

HSC
at the moment.iran is america's enemy #1 and israels too.

if it doenst stop its nuclear programme...iran will be attacked..the consequences of course will be disasterous.but israel argues that they have no choice..

and yeah its about geo politics too..america needs enemies and they have just found one - iran.....

i seriously doubt that americans and iranians will be friends in the future unless iran:

1. stops sponsoring and supporting terrorism (hamas and hezbollah) and helping shiites in iraq and pvoviding them with IED (Improvised explosive devices)
2. stops enriching fuel that could be used to make a bombs
3. Stops all of its support to terrorism and establishes democratic reform in the country

the possibility of these 3 things happening is - almost impossible!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Jay-Dupree said:
How is that even possible? Military resources are already stretched to the hilt at this point with ongoing conflicts in other regions.

There would be a major uproar from all corners of the globe if such a move was made.
Withdraw troops for other conflicts and redeploy them. Since my suggestion only involves destroying and not sticking around it is going to be much easier than Iraq.

Major uproar from countries no one cares about maybe.

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I would suggest that it makes more sense to take what he says seriously that just to assume that he is only doing it to "appeal to his extremist base"

Right... but most Iranians do not support his behavior and the US is basically responsible for putting him in office because they shunned the previous gov't that was pro-democracy and very Western in policy.

This was a huge mistake because once the Iranian people saw that a pro-Western gov't still couldn't get the attention of the US gov't they of course elected the furthest thing from it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Jay-Dupree said:
Right... but most Iranians do not support his behavior and the US is basically responsible for putting him in office because they shunned the previous gov't that was pro-democracy and very Western in policy.

This was a huge mistake because once the Iranian people saw that a pro-Western gov't still couldn't get the attention of the US gov't they of course elected the furthest thing from it.
It doesn't matter what most Iranians think. He is in charge. He controls any nuclear weapons they get.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If there has to be a military solution, it will almost certainly be through the UN.
cf Iraq.
Russia, China, France esp would need to be convinced not to veto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)