puffkenny

HSC
me 2 I got 83% (equal first)
but 3/39 overall cause i failed half yearly

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
lets hope that im still coming first... brought my overall mark down from 89.5 to 86!!! im very shitty but still happy i guess considering how much i fucked the trial.... please please please i hope im still first
well thought id say... teacher told us our rankings today and im not coming first anymore... im 3rd but thats ok considering thats 3/19 and im happy because the person coming first is a champ and we are friends so i cant have anything against her...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KAty
i got 80% and came first
it was a pretty hard trial heaps failed
Congrats! :)

You've got the same mark as me.
Our trial average was 46 or so percent.

Pretty shocking, but not unexpected.

mazz

hey look! ????
i went shit.... we did independant... i got 56% highest was 65 i think... ahh well thank god it was only worth 10%

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mazz
ahh well thank god it was only worth 10%
That's a pretty low weighting mazz. :eek:

Ours was worth 30% (Trial HSC)

mazz

hey look! ????
yeah i know it was very low... i think the sdd was worth that too..,.. our teacher is like why should it be worth heaps... its a TRAIL its meant to leave room for you to fuck up! so im happy with that! all my others were worth more though

Huy

HSC
N/A
Pretty good theory there, (your teacher),

But think about this:

The HSC exam is worth 50% of your final "HSC mark".
That doesn't leave a lot of room to "fuck up".

Our trials were all 30-40% of our assessment marks, because they are designed to simulate HSC conditions, etc, right down to the reading times and working times.

I can't imagine your other assessments to be worth 20-30% though, to compensate for the low trial weighting.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Ours:

Information Processes & Technology - Weighting
Task
Communication Systems Oral Presentation 15%
Half Yearly Exam 20%
Transaction Processing Systems Case Study Report 15%
Major Project 20%
Trial HSC 30%

Total 100

1 Oral Presentation
1 Written Exam (half yearlies)
1 Hand-In assessment (TPS/Project Management)
1 Hand-In assessment (Multimedia Systems)
1 Written Exam (trial hsc)

:)
It was pretty easy, having 7 assessments is one too many I believe.

Most subjects had 4-5 assessment tasks, one per topic/chapter, including 1 half yearly and the trials.

(Unless it was another subject, like Visual Arts/Music etc with practicals and submissions/Major Works).

rx72c

Your HSC exam maybe only 50% of your total mark but your assesment marks are scaled according to your performance in the HSC so dont be disheartened by dickhead teachers just do well in the HSC and your assesment will be adjusted accordingly.

Huss

HSC
N/A
looks like im not the only one that stuffed up in the trial...got 61% (cssa) and our teacher doesnt know how to mark questions and he does it for the hsc...doent no how to teach aswell..anywayz lets all hope for the best in the hsc

rx72c

CSSA is meant to be hard so dont let it dishearten you, you have lots of time to study and use it wisely. Do past papers and you could easily edge your mark into the 80s.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah, it was quite a wake up call for me. I've been sort of slacking off all year for IPT since it's like my easiest subject and I always seem to do ok regardless of how little effort i put in.

I got the highest mark for the trial, but that was still only 65%... I'm going to have to seriously pick myself up if I want to get above 80 in the HSC

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Lol, yeah...behold, the masked 65%-er is me, Lundy!! :D

Well, I think of it this way: I had 3 subjects whose trial was worth 30%. IPT was only worth 10%. It's fairly obvious where my priorities are going to lie with that. I did hardly any preparation for this exam.

p.s. I reckon you topped the class overall though ;)

Last edited:

rx72c

So you people get prizes for topping the grade in a certain subject and if you got 65% you would have got a prize, damn, i wish i was in that school.
My school doesnt give prizes, rather threatens to kick you out of the school if you dont do better, what did i get, 80%.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Well, they take into account all of your assessment and class marks, not just the trial results

pocydto

68% here.... But I managed to crawl up to 70% cause I was bragging about how I got marked wrong for something I thought was right...

I came 1st surprisingly and the 2nd mark was 54% and the rest failed with the lowest mark being somewhere between 10-20% lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)