IPT Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Charlie129

HSC
For the three people on BOS doing IPT this year. What is the plan for preparation and are there any good resources besides Sam Davis textbook? I need to effectively cram a years worth of content less than two weeks.
Yay, an IPT thread. I'm using the Excel textbook purely because it's concise and it'll help refresh my memory without having to use as much time

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
Yay, an IPT thread. I'm using the Excel textbook purely because it's concise and it'll help refresh my memory without having to use as much time
that's fair, i'm using the excel flashcards alongside sam davis
after my next exam, i think i'll do a past paper or trial paper every day leading up to the exam which is probably a bit excessive but i got 88 in the trial so i really want to secure the band 6 🥰

also does anyone else do dss as one of their option strands? how in depth should my understanding be?

CHarmon

HSC
I really pray you guys have a really hard exam, so we don't suffer next year. Ofc I still hope you guys do good !
I dont really think IPT can be hard imo, its mainly just recycled content questions cause theres only so much you can ask about these topics. (Im probably just inhaling copium to deal with the amount of shit I have to memorise and work on.)

CHarmon

HSC
that's fair, i'm using the excel flashcards alongside sam davis
after my next exam, i think i'll do a past paper or trial paper every day leading up to the exam which is probably a bit excessive but i got 88 in the trial so i really want to secure the band 6 🥰

also does anyone else do dss as one of their option strands? how in depth should my understanding be?
Damn that's pretty smart thanks for the tips. Im doing TPS and Multimedia as my option strands so I dont know if I can help you there.

Last edited:

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
i do tps as well, it feels so easy compared to dss 💀 💀 i havent thought about ipt since the trials but like what is there to know besides batch and real time processing the other chapters in davis are pretty intuitive

i feel like i know so little for my option topics but im not sure if i need to know anything more

CHarmon

HSC
i do tps as well, it feels so easy compared to dss 💀 💀 i havent thought about ipt since the trials but like what is there to know besides batch and real time processing the other chapters in davis are pretty intuitive

i feel like i know so little for my option topics but im not sure if i need to know anything more
I honestly believe anything on the Sam Davis textbook is pretty much all you need to know about IPT, I'm looking at past HSC papers and they seem pretty simple if you know your terms and also are good at explaining things which Davis has got covered.

Tutorzaza

HSC

Dss is so ez wdym lmao

Velli_Killi

HSC
For the three people on BOS doing IPT this year. What is the plan for preparation and are there any good resources besides Sam Davis textbook? I need to effectively cram a years worth of content less than two weeks.
My teacher is an absolute LEGEND so she compiles the past 10 years of HSC and independent questions... By the time I get through all the questions I'd practically get a band 7 from the amount of time it takes lol

Velli_Killi

HSC
I really pray you guys have a really hard exam, so we don't suffer next year. Ofc I still hope you guys do good !
Honestly I think it'd be specific and so would next year... I mean this is the final years and the markers want to go out with a bang

f3lix

HSC
Damn that's pretty smart thanks for the tips. Im doing TPS and Multimedia as my option strands so I dont know if I can help you there.
Oh cool im also doing tps and multimedia, how are you going about memorising it? Sam davis textbook is so wordy i swear its annoying to read

CHarmon

HSC
Oh cool im also doing tps and multimedia, how are you going about memorising it? Sam davis textbook is so wordy i swear its annoying to read
My main method is to do a past paper and all the stuff I couldnt do I'd revise using my teacher's notes, reading Sam Davis, watching Youtube and reading over my notes until I got the concepts then I'd do another paper and the cycle continues. I do not know if this is effective at all.

f3lix

HSC
My main method is to do a past paper and all the stuff I couldnt do I'd revise using my teacher's notes, reading Sam Davis, watching Youtube and reading over my notes until I got the concepts then I'd do another paper and the cycle continues. I do not know if this is effective at all.
Right, what Youtube vids do you recommend for IPT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)