IPT Syllabus? + Texts (1 Viewer)

aussiechica

I just realised: our syllabus is fucked. I cant understand it + my computer loads it up in a really messed up way! Does anyone else have this problem.
Also, if you have/has made for yourself a nice version where everythings in dot points like the business and math ones, would you share it with me? I dont like this version- its yuck!

Also, what texts do ppl use? I use Heinmann- is this a good one?

Help muchly appreciated- my options are multimedia and TPS btw

Thanks alot!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Hi aussiechica,

I haven't looked at the IPT syllabus in ages, but I know what you mean. Have you looked at the Studies of Religion syllabus? SOR is similarly, and equally confusing to an extent, but if you analyse it for long enough, you'll figure it out.

Also, what texts do ppl use? I use Heinmann- is this a good one?
I use Heinemann as my first point of reference, at school and at home, and it is a good text to use. Secondary to Heinemann I use Excel but I dont believe $23-25 was worth it for such a slim text, I hardly ever use it but I like the glossary of terms included in Excel, which is where I get most of my definitions from, and commit them to memory.

Originally posted by aussiechica
Help muchly appreciated- my options are multimedia and TPS btw
We have the same options aussiechica,
Question 25 - Transaction Processing Systems (TPS)
Question 28 - Multimedia Systems

:)

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
the IPT syllabus is basically Heinemann. I use Heinmann, it's pretty much the same except for one or two definitions less than other books - but when doing the IPT notes, i didn't use the syllabus, remember everything from book and apply to scenarios!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tia
the IPT syllabus is basically Heinemann. I use Heinmann, it's pretty much the same except for one or two definitions less than other books - but when doing the IPT notes, i didn't use the syllabus, remember everything from book and apply to scenarios!
That's exactly what I do.
The text has been designed and written in accordance with the new HSC syllabus, so everything that it covers will cover syllabus dot points accordingly.

I use Heinemann and everything in the text, I have read, and/or memorised/know off by heart. I used to make IPT notes in the preliminary HSC (Year 11), but I've stopped.

I would only read the text and regurgigate it when required, applying definitions/textbook examples to various scenarios and situations examined in the HSC (applications of theory). :)

Azn fairies

all i can say is that the IPT syallbus doesn't look thta bad, looks the same as most science syallabus...i hate the english syallbus (don't get it)...

aslo heineman text book is d best ..excel is just a summery of the heineman...

fatmuscle

HSC
my notes are a scaled down version of the Excel.
probably just as thick too

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fatmuscle
my notes are a scaled down version of the Excel.
I've always thought that they were a rehash of the Heinemann text.

I haven't (fully) read Excel IPT though, but you would know more than I would concerning the authorship of your notes, hehe :)

fatmuscle

HSC
hehe, it probably is too!

I used the Excel, the old 2/3U course books, sister's uni notes, heinemann and the jacaranda one.

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I've always thought that they were a rehash of the Heinemann text.

I haven't (fully) read Excel IPT though, but you would know more than I would concerning the authorship of your notes, hehe :)
hehhe, who said they're 'my' notes....

...well, they are... dman

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fatmuscle
hehhe, who said they're 'my' notes....
...well, they are... dman
LOL... i'm going to write/publish an IPT textbook in the future, ripping off every other IPT text, and passing it off as my own.

Or I may not... :D ;)

DI2AGON

I've been studying out of the maquarie text book and i've made my own notes along the way but i dont really think learning off the syllabus is a must for ipt but then again i havent done my hsc yet so all i can go from is my trial and half yearly...

Also i've been using the success one book... god they come up with like 2 and a half pages typed for a 6 mark question... talk about in depth bullshit

Jait

HSC
N/A
The syllabus is simply a list of points they might test you on in the exam - how can you not think its important.

Having used the heneman text book and seen questions in almost every past paper that werent covered by it and errors on occasion I switched to the Camridge text book which I found to be more comprehensive and error free so far. All the texts will be similar to a large extent because they all try to stick to the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)