ipt jacaranda (1 Viewer)

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
hey do u think the ipt book jacaranda is worth buying? is it ompatible wi tthe syllabus>

Scanorama

HSC
Yea it is a pretty good textbook, if your school doesnt use it as a textbook, its probably worth the investment. Its closely related back to the syllabus. I used Jarcaranda last year.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Except the examiners have in the past .. it would seem.. based it on Heineman
not Jacaranda .. so u should maybe use both ?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
heinemann's the best in studying the syllabus... jacaranda seems to print extra stuff that is useless --> look its double the size of heinemann

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
i found heinmann fine (got 94 in the IPT HSC exam, with minimal teacher help!). I think he is a senior HSC marker or setter isnt he??

Followed the syllabus fine, although i didnt use a jacca so i cant down them. But in PDH jacca text book did seem to waffle alot (bit like me).

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
disco_dave said:
i found heinmann fine (got 94 in the IPT HSC exam, with minimal teacher help!). I think he is a senior HSC marker or setter isnt he??

Followed the syllabus fine, although i didnt use a jacca so i cant down them. But in PDH jacca text book did seem to waffle alot (bit like me).
good work, sounds like a good mark for IPT. my teacher gives me photocopies from jacaranda, so i shouldn't find it hard to summarise.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Huratio said:
good work, sounds like a good mark for IPT. my teacher gives me photocopies from jacaranda, so i shouldn't find it hard to summarise.
dont think the good mark in IPT helps much. It has to be a fair way above you other marks to actually count for you UAI (not weighted very hard<< which i totally disagree with). So much textbook work and very little practical... although i didnt find the theory that hard. But not easy.

Do well in economics!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
disco_dave said:
dont think the good mark in IPT helps much. It has to be a fair way above you other marks to actually count for you UAI (not weighted very hard<< which i totally disagree with). So much textbook work and very little practical... although i didnt find the theory that hard. But not easy.

Do well in economics!
i dont do economics!!!
i do business and legal but

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i agree dat jacaranda is better, hienmann was used at my skool but its really borring, its got all this exaggeration and technical stuff, it makes it difficult to undastand something that is so simple

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
sparkl3z said:
i agree dat jacaranda is better, hienmann was used at my skool but its really borring, its got all this exaggeration and technical stuff, it makes it difficult to undastand something that is so simple
but if you can regurgitate hienmann with his "technical" writing style, the examiners will love it.

I liked him. But i didnt get a chance to use Jacca books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)