IPT exam paper (1 Viewer)

Gemstone

I was wondering how exactly the IPT exam is structured. I know there is multiple choice and short answer but I was wondering what part of the course is which. I know we have 2 core units and 2 options so is it divided into 4 sections like most other subjects or is it something different.

Gemma

^___^
HSC
u get MC

then u get 4 section, each section has a set amount of questions and worth set amount of marks

a section for each chapter of work

as u said..2 core and 2option

^___^
HSC
MC will be on core i think...

cos u can't have mc question on option stuff u have never learnt

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
- Section 1 : Multiple choice on 3 core topics (20 Marks)
- Section 2 : Short Answers on 3 core topics (40 Marks)
- Section 3 : You have to do 2 Options out of 4 (40 Marks; ie 20 marks each)

Last edited:

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
3 core topics are:

1. Project Work
2. Information Systems and Databases
3. Communication Systems

I had the same confusion as my teacher did Project work in yr 11...so yeah i had fair bit to catch up on in yr 12 in terms of notes making....is ur case similar?

Last edited:

Gemstone

What's project work? I don't remember ever doing that we've done database and communications systems and then we do TPS and Multimedia. We did do a group assignment in yr. 11 and we also had to design a website for the ciriculum book at our school. Is that what project work is.

Gemma

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
mm....actually Project work is CORE 1 in ur book heinmann/ jacarand/ excel!...

i did the same as u but then i had to rush to finish off project work...

project work has all that about systems development cycle etc and team building....ur teacher mite have covered it in yr 11 syllabus!!

yc

Whenever you are working have a syllabus beside you, if you don't have one get it off the internet or ask your teacher to make copies for the whole class.

Project Work is important as little bits and pieces of it come up all over the subjects and there is a question on it :p

That group assignment was probably your teacher covering PW however at my school we did a project in yr11 and again in yr12, the improvement in work was very high as people lacked to comprehend some of the stuff first time through. What I think alot of teachers don't do is teach PW from a book aswell as the project and that's a mistake, so that's what you should do, it's a small chapter anyway.

I've attached my "summary" of a book (can't remember), perhaps once you see the topics and such you'll realise if you've done it or not.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
mmm...i really missed PW in yr 11...in the sense i didnt realise that it ''will'' be a part of yr 12....i think its prolly the toughest topic...but once u have throughly memorised it, ur well set for the exam.....u must apply your knowledge by doing past hsc Q's! but obviously ud get the full perspective/practice once u have all topics down pat! u'd be able to apply ur knowldge across the syll which is v impt!

Gemstone

Thanks yc for that summary I think we did a bit of it as part of a project but I don't remember doing it from the text book. I'll have a look at the chapter in my book and make my own summary.

I'm begining to realise it might be a good idea to work off the sylabus not my text book. It doesn't tend to follow it all that well.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Gemstone

I'm begining to realise it might be a good idea to work off the sylabus not my text book. It doesn't tend to follow it all that well.
mm....thats what ur supposed to do...if u do every thing from the book and not see in the syllabus u wud have no clue how much depth of knowledge do they want u to have!

As well as u'd end up knowing stuff u dont need...it was my mistake in yr 11 as none of my physics or chem teacher never ever *emphasized* on using the syllabus :s

Last edited:

Gemstone

Originally posted by lil_star
mm....thats what ur supposed to do...if u do every thing from the book and not see in the syllabus u wud have no clue how much depth of knowledge do they want u to have!

As well as u'd end up knowing stuff u dont need...it was my mistake in yr 11 as none of my physics or chem teacher never ever *emphasized* on using the syllabus :s
Yeah it is emphasised at my school but I found most of my books follow the sylabus almost exactly. We had it emphasised in Legal because they based one question on one of the dot points that the book didn't cover well. Well I guess I better work of the sylabus for IPT. It's not like I do all my notes anyway.

Their 7 of us in the class and we normal put together presentations and stuff in groups and then share our notes through our 12IPT Folder.

Gemma

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
i never felt comfortable sharing my notes in class...we had some group stuff but then again i went and did my own stuff...im a perfectionist!

Beaker

Originally posted by lil_star
i never felt comfortable sharing my notes in class...we had some group stuff but then again i went and did my own stuff...im a perfectionist!
but by sharing your notes and making the class outliers smarter you are positioning yourself for a better UAI.. but i know what you mean..

on that topic.. i find it weird how so much software/ipt content collides.. its great, don't get me wrong.. but it gets confusing.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Beaker
but by sharing your notes and making the class outliers smarter you are positioning yourself for a better UAI.. but i know what you mean..

on that topic.. i find it weird how so much software/ipt content collides.. its great, don't get me wrong.. but it gets confusing.
true....sharing could help in some cases...but i doubt that wud have worked in my ipt class....im sure for the school assessment mark i had a difference of like 15%+ over all with the person ranked 2nd...so yeah i doubt it wud have been helpful! :)

i wud say its good that software/ipt have things in common as it extends ur knowledge and u can apply knowledge from both into each other!
i dont know much bout sdd....my school didnt have the cohort for it so we didnt have a class...i never planned to do it either :) i guess i wanted a variety of subjects not just focusing on like computers...tho it wud have been fun...i prefered doing a wide variety...as i wasnt aware of scaling :)

Gemstone

I don't mind sharing my notes there are only 7 of us in the class and it's getting smaller each year (I think theky only got 5 maybe less in yr. 11) Most of us a pretty hard working and our teacher checks our notes and if there not good enouggh we have to redo them. We also put our initals on the file so you know who did them. There are probably only one or two people you have to be careful with notes as they tend to just copy stuff from the net. Anyway I go through they and structure them the way I like my notes (ie. Dot points) and add things if I don't understand them or want more detail. So I really don't think it's all that bad, plus it speards the work load out. It's pretty much like having a study group.

Gemma

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
good on u gemma...if it does help then well and good! its good that u have ''hard working'' students in ur class :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)