ipod - worth it? (1 Viewer)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
lol yeah and they're also ugly as fuck.
plus the name "iriver" just sounds shit.

"i have an ipod, do you?"
"nah mate i got an iriver"
"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!"

Really a matter of taste. I would say the iRiver looks better than the wannabe-chic style of the iPod. Same goes for the names.

But you must be right, your two points far outweigh the better format support and better sound quality of the iRiver.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
BreaKing said:
lol yeah and they're also ugly as fuck.
plus the name "iriver" just sounds shit.

"i have an ipod, do you?"
"nah mate i got an iriver"
"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!"
u assess the name of a fuckn mp3 player?
fukn loser...

iriver has a lot more mp3 players to choose from than apple... nowadays the 512/1G ones run on AA while being only a tiny lil bit bigger than a AA bat... so they run for more than 40 hours on one bat..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh i figured that.. blah guess ill have to settle on forking out $450 then
does anyone use that cassette adaptor thing to listen to the ipod in the car? does it work the same as the itrip thing?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i think someone said that with their tertiary institution they got 20%.. not sure which ones it applies to though
hmm on second thought the ipod shuffle is sounding better.. 12 hours of battery life and 16 hours of music.. just get different random songs off my comp every time i charge (prob once every week or so)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Definitely 10% for a Tertiary student. I don't know if you can get more, but anything's possible.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Not as far as I know. I tried when I got mine, and failed :p They needed Uni ID.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
cro_angel said:
yeh i figured that.. blah guess ill have to settle on forking out $450 then
does anyone use that cassette adaptor thing to listen to the ipod in the car? does it work the same as the itrip thing?
not sure - but with the itrip you have to find a frequency with like no interference, which could take a couple of goes.
if you don't wanna spend $450 then just get the iPod mini :uhhuh: that's what i'm getting

z.co

donmt get ipod mini. go get a 15GB or 20GB ipod if u want. but i personally wouldnt listen to 15GB of music. something like 1GB mp3 player would be good. try the new ipod shuffle. if u want a LCD then go buy a cheapo one on ebay... or iriver ones are good

z.co

BreaKing said:
why not ipod mini?

battery seems fine at first.. within next 5 months.. life will decrease . i cant garuantee it.. but after getting one replaced.. and having 3 other friends have their battery life decrease.. i dont htink its any good

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Toshiba Gigabeat
or
Iriver IHP-140

any other suggestions for someone who doesnt want an ipod which has decent battery life, looks decent, has 20gb min, has capabilities of various formats, especially VBR mp3, ogg

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
oh hi asy! :D
the only problem i have with the ipod range is its inability to seamlessly blend tracks 2gether - u always get like a tiny gap which when listening to certain albums is really annoying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)