ipod - worth it? (1 Viewer)

doggogo8

HSC
yeah! ><

snapperhead said:
<-has a 40 gig and only uses over 10 gig.

I use the other 30 gig for storing/transfering digital phots at places so i can re-use the card ie can take evn more pictures at stuff!!

Just wish I had waited to get one of the new photo ipods which are actually designed for this purpose......

BTW. Dont forget you get a discount as a student (10% minimum)
Totall waste, usually u won't even have about 10 gig of songs u like!!!! What about 40 GIG'S!!!!!!!!!! A cell with a function that has storage for music and photo and phon numbers , etc. are muuuuuuuuch better!!!

Hey, but 64 for a MP3 is tooooo less only 15 songs!! get a 512 or 256 isn't much plus has a function of recordin and FM ><

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
doggogo8 said:
Totall waste, usually u won't even have about 10 gig of songs u like!!!! What about 40 GIG'S!!!!!!!!!! A cell with a function that has storage for music and photo and phon numbers , etc. are muuuuuuuuch better!!!
The space is not all necessarily for music. Transferring files to and from Uni/School is great. No need to email anything home, or have to save anything to a network if you don't want multiple older versions around.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
doggogo8 said:
I only have music I like - if i didn't like it, I wouldn't have it. My collection is 40GB already.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
I have a 40gb, i wouldn't drop them, they're a solid little unit but they carry a lot of inertia

i have a 128mb flash mp3 player for running and the gym and stuff too

clickwheel is so much better than gen 3. people who don't like clickwheel haven't used one. i didn't like it when i didn't realise how it worked (i thought i'd accidentally press buttons as i scrolled) but it works so well, you can operate it without looking at the controls because you don't have to lift your thumb

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Bing Lee has a sale

iPod mini for $389

iPod 20 GB $459

iPod 40 GB $80 off RRP (whatever that is :p)

MedNez

HSC
N/A
It doesn't support Ogg Vorbis, no. But it does support mp4 files (which are encoded with aac).

Insouciance

HSC
DJs had iPod 40GB for $575 I think. Which is pretty good.

iTunes software comes with a converter. If the song isn't in the right format, it converts in. It took a few minutes to convert 30 of my songs. I have an iPod mini, with around 12 full albums on there, plus random songs. Emptied my computer of songs and I haven't even filled it up a quarter.

iPod minis rule. My sister has a 40GB, and she's fused to it. Greatest ever. Though Macintosh are still evil.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the only issue i have with my iPod is i got it for chrissie, and the headphones have already gone funny....i know i shouldnt really be playing at full volume, but it doesnt stuff up my sony headphones, so i dunno wats going on there.

plus i read the headphones make u a target for thiefs (being white and all)

MedNez

HSC
N/A
townie said:
Indeed, they point out to everyone that you have an iPod. However it depends where you are, I see people on the train every day with iPods, not like one guy walking through mobster-land with one. The apple headphones aren't that good quality anyway, Sony beat them hands down.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
doggogo8 said:

Hey, but 64 for a MP3 is tooooo less only 15 songs!! get a 512 or 256 isn't much plus has a function of recordin and FM ><
learn to read idiot...... how do you know what my music tastes are?
plus I said I use it for digital photo transfers etc.... Could buy a 1 gig card for my camera but why when i can put 40* the amount on my ipod (if I so desired)

having 40 gigs has saved my butt twice when I have needed to transfer large files between computers. Try doing that with a phone.

tool

micky25

HSC
doggogo8 said:

I only got a 15GB and it is full and i haven't even got all my songs on it... wish i had a 40GB.. and i LOVE my songs!

micky25

HSC
townie said:
the only issue i have with my iPod is i got it for chrissie, and the headphones have already gone funny....i know i shouldnt really be playing at full volume, but it doesnt stuff up my sony headphones, so i dunno wats going on there.

Yeah the headphones buzz when u play it at full volume after awhile... take em back and they will give you free new ones, and i wouldn't worry about being a target for thiefs cause so many ppl have them these days they dont stand out as much any more, they're everywhere!
and also other mp3 players have white headphones now to copy apple

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Bone577 said:
iRiver, go for the iRivers. Better format support (like OGG and FLAC, which are IMO the best formats out there along with Musepack). Better sound quality (or so the experts at head-fi.com say. They are also a funcky black colour and have colour screens.
lol yeah and they're also ugly as fuck.
plus the name "iriver" just sounds shit.

"i have an ipod, do you?"
"nah mate i got an iriver"
"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!"

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
oh and btw, if u buy an ipod from the apple store online u get free laser engraving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)