iPod Question (1 Viewer)

Lazy Lankan

HSC
ok so I got my iPod (6GB) ... I've transferred songs from my PC onto it right ... and when I look at the settings like on the iPod and when I add it up - I can only fit about 700 songs ?!?! and it works out that each song is like 8MB (lol I think that is right - MB - well 8 sumthin) ... I think that should be like 4 right ?? so then I can hold like 1000 songs?! how do I change the size of each song? PLEASE don't tell me that I have to go back and do it all over again?!? :(

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
20GB only holds 4000 songs for me, and my music is at ridiculous bit rates like 360 bit rate, and huge orchestral scores..... so yeah it should?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
20GB only holds 4000 songs for me, and my music is at ridiculous bit rates like 360 bit rate, and huge orchestral scores..... so yeah it should?
why would get get "360" or 320 kbs quality music??? i cant tell the difference after like 192 . waste of space

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah the number of songs it can hold depends on the size (in MB) of each individual song. Things affecting this are the actual length of the song, the bitrate and the format (and therefore compression)

you cant really say that you can fit 1000 songs on it. Thats deceptive. You CAN fit 6GB of music onto it. You measure it by the GB of music, not actual number of songs (as the size of each song is different)

If you want to fit more on, the easiest way would be to lower the bitrate of the songs.

lol only 360? My highest is all 40 minutes of Vivaldi's Four Seasons at 705kps :p

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Deus said:
yeah the number of songs it can hold depends on the size (in MB) of each individual song. Things affecting this are the actual length of the song, the bitrate and the format (and therefore compression)

you cant really say that you can fit 1000 songs on it. Thats deceptive. You CAN fit 6GB of music onto it. You measure it by the GB of music, not actual number of songs (as the size of each song is different)

If you want to fit more on, the easiest way would be to lower the bitrate of the songs.

lol only 360? My highest is all 40 minutes of Vivaldi's Four Seasons at 705kps :p
how big is that file?

equiski

HSC
SashatheMan said:
why would get get "360" or 320 kbs quality music??? i cant tell the difference after like 192 . waste of space
Not if you have half-decent headphones.

Lazy Lankan

HSC
Deus said:

that is exactly my question - how do I lower the bitrate of each song b4 I put them on the iPod?!

equiski

HSC
If you own the music you could re-rip it at a lower bitrate.

You could reconvert your music using something like dbpoweramp but you will lose ALOT of quality due to the lossy compression ----> lossy compression conversion. Please, think of the music.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, you do loose a bit of quality....

Do you even listen to 700+ songs in a day?

Perhaps only put the songs youll actually listen too on?

sladehk

le random
HSC
To what quality can the human ear pick differences with?

Lazy Lankan

HSC
Deus said:
Yes, you do loose a bit of quality....

Do you even listen to 700+ songs in a day?

Perhaps only put the songs youll actually listen too on?
yeah makes sense - I ain't listening to more than 700 in a day - lol ... but yea just lazy to have to change songs ... but my iPOD sure gets used ALOT - coz I'm one of the dreaded telemarketers - hahaha - so in one ear I'm hearing 'fuck off stop calling me' and the other is the music!! :)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I have like 15 songs on my shuffle, lol. I don't really need to listen to 700 songs at once. I just keep updating them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)