ipod question (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave85

HSC
ok... well i just brought an ipod mini and am very pumped to say the least. Just a question though... when i play a song sometimes the artist or title is wrong. How can i change this and fix it up so its correct?? do i do it on the computer or on the ipod itself? thx guys (in advance)

Guernica

HSC
You can't change it on the actual iPod. You will have to change it on your computer (iTunes or whatever) and then resync.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Freaky... my friend had this same problem today and was asking about it! Anyways, even though I dont have an iPod (its still on layby... lol) the answer to my friends question was that you have to change the title and stuff through iTunes. Apparently you have to click on the title box twice and it should let you change it. Hope it works! and have fun with it!

Dave85

HSC
thx guys i have it now but its taking freakin' ages to do! ...and seperating them into genres etc seems 2 take ages when u hav 500-700 songs

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i have an ipod
its pink
its cool and i love it
ner to anyone who wants one and doesnt have one

THE BEST ACCESSORY is the iTrip. it kicks arse!

bex

HSC
itunes is really picky about where you click to put in the names.. make sure you double click in the same place or else it changes the song which is so annoying!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
its kinda easy to tell
if u right click on a song and click "Get Info" then click on the "Info" tab if it isnt already selected.....that shows all the info about one song

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i got a silver ipod, and yeah all u have to do is change the ID3 tags on the mp3 files

HSC
Its true, just select the Get Info thing on iTunes and it'll pull up the ID3 tags for the selected song, then u just change it..
but i must agree...organising ur library at first is a pain in the behind, but its worth it...im the most neurotic person alive (and willing to dispute it during business hours) and an organised library of 1200 songs is nice....album art and everything...

Peace Out iPodders

Dave85

HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
Its true, just select the Get Info thing on iTunes and it'll pull up the ID3 tags for the selected song, then u just change it..
but i must agree...organising ur library at first is a pain in the behind, but its worth it...im the most neurotic person alive (and willing to dispute it during business hours) and an organised library of 1200 songs is nice....album art and everything...

Peace Out iPodders
yeah i know wat u mean! its so annoying but give it a few dayz and my music collection will be really well organised.until then tho im SO SO over it. downloading all the songs and organising them sucks!

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Haha, where is spell_check when you need him. It's 'tedious'. I'm still renaming ID3 tags in Itunes. Just do it every once in a while to slowly update them all.

z.co

my cousin jsut bought one. i notice the battery life is really short. i've read reviews.. and say that the mini ipod battery life decreases, and u have to get it replaced after about 18 months.. and it cost roughly 170 dollars to replace.!

can u notice the short battery life..? or isert too early to notice..?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I've had my 4G for a few months, and I've never had the battery run out on me. And it still works fine.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
itunes has an option to querry gracenote to get artist details like songname, genre etc

Very easy to use and saves having to name by hand if you rip from cd. Havenot tried on songs d/led off net though but it should work if the ID tags are correct

heybraham

HSC
Dave85 said:
thx guys i have it now but its taking freakin' ages to do! ...and seperating them into genres etc seems 2 take ages when u hav 500-700 songs
try 4000 songs... i just don't bother with genres anymore.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i have about 7000 songs now.

I dont bother with genres. I only do song name, artist, album, and Album art where i can (looks nice on my ipod photo)

sunny

meh.
HSC
*re-closes coffin and replaces grave stone on five month old thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)