IPO help for major work (1 Viewer)

G-Banger

hey
for my SDD major work im making Connect Four.. well im currently making the Folio and there is a part where it asks bout IPO charts.. i no that IPO (input - process - output) but what exactly would i be putting down? ive asked my teacher heaps.. but i still dont understand

thanx.

ohh and should i include AI in this program.. or just have player 1 vs player 2?

thanx again ;)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by G-Banger

ohh and should i include AI in this program.. or just have player 1 vs player 2?
Yes, it would impress the teacher if you could implement AI in your program. If you get a chance, in Fedora (Linux) there is a connect four program that has excellent connect 4 AI. Its in the games menu somewhere (I was playing it in UNI today).

Winston

HSC
Heh i don't understand why people even call that AI, it's not real AI, it's about the lowest form of AI possible.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by sunny
....which is still AI :D
lol but i so swear it misleads people, they say "oh i got AI in my program" then people think, oh pssh is that AI? I mean AI is so complicated they shouldn't even call these pussy features in programs AI.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Then maybe 'automated logical reasoning' might be a better name. :D

Winston

HSC
hmmm but in this users case, what do you mean you're gonna incorporate AI? What sort of AI? Computer versus's User?
That's heck low AI, more like a few conditional statements throughout the code bleh :p...

and in your original question it's quite blatant as it is... just go through your program and pick out some of the process's your program does, and pick a few inputs and write down the outputs of it. So for example in your case, just say the input is the user clicking something and the data is passed to a method and the method acts upon this and outputs some form of result.

G-Banger

here are some examples from my IPT chart

e.g 1
INPUT: User presses button “New Game”
PROCESS: The Game asks where the player wants it 2 players or wants to play against the computer
OUTPUT:Which ever decision is chosen

e.g 2
INPUT: IF Selecting to versus CPU
PROCESS: The cpu initializing to get ready for the game
OUTPUT: The Game is ready to start

am i on the right track?
thanx

ohh and with my algorthims how should i script the AI?

thanx

G-Banger

as im working through my assessment atm..
im thinking.. maybe i should just forget about adding the AI and just make it Player 1 vs PLayer 2 ?

cause i dont have the time

do u reckon ill lose marks if its just player 1 vs player 2 and not player 1 vs CPU?

thanx guys
sorry bout this

G-Banger

ive decided im scraping the AI idea.. im just going to make a plain Connect 4 board with player 1 vs player 2

here is a board do u guys like the interface?
thanx

G-Banger

thanx :)

ive added a word doc.. can u just see if im on the right track?
i think its wrong

thanx

Winston

HSC
well yea but file menu, lol nah nothing like that is needed only the major bits...

like maybe focus on the bits say.... when a row,diagonal, or column of corresponding colours is matched, player wins, and game is completed, user is then re-prompted if they would like to play again

something like that :)

i assume for input wise in my example, this check is done everytime a player puts a piece in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)