iPad for High School (1 Viewer)

contro3ler

HSC
Context- I'm a year ten student.

Basically, I have a crappy i3 laptop from 2017 that I've been using- In year 8, my dumb ass sold my macbook to get a gaming pc- I've learnt my lesson, no need to clown me.

Basically, I'm wondering whether or not to get an iPad air/pro instead of getting a new laptop. At first this may seem stupid- but heres the deal. I currently utilize onedrive (thanks department of education) to sync my files between my pc and laptop, so I can work on assignments etc at school and home. I use notion for notes.
At school, the only applications I use on my laptop are word, excel, powerpoint, notion and firefox, all of which are available in some form on the ipad. I dont do any engineering or coding subject and dont plan to.

If I did get the iPad, id get the pencil, and some 3rd party keyboard (im not paying 400 for a keyboard lol). This would be around 1320 for the iPad pro (11inch 128gb), or around 1290 for the ipad air (256gb- 64 is just not enough).
All the faculties at my school have said that they are comfortable with me using my ipad as a notebook, except for maths- that makes sense, and I'm not gonna do sums on an ipad anyway.

So, does anyone have any experience with using this- all the youtubers are uni students, and I havent heard from anyone in HS. Do you think I should do this, or get a second hand macbook pro/new macbook air? Also, if yes, ipad pro or the ipad air?

Thanks a lot!

5uckerberg

HSC
iPad Pro I mean Notability is a wise choice for writing. That is my take but I think other people's opinions are just as valuable.

idkkdi

HSC
Context- I'm a year ten student.

Basically, I have a crappy i3 laptop from 2017 that I've been using- In year 8, my dumb ass sold my macbook to get a gaming pc- I've learnt my lesson, no need to clown me.

Basically, I'm wondering whether or not to get an iPad air/pro instead of getting a new laptop. At first this may seem stupid- but heres the deal. I currently utilize onedrive (thanks department of education) to sync my files between my pc and laptop, so I can work on assignments etc at school and home. I use notion for notes.
At school, the only applications I use on my laptop are word, excel, powerpoint, notion and firefox, all of which are available in some form on the ipad. I dont do any engineering or coding subject and dont plan to.

If I did get the iPad, id get the pencil, and some 3rd party keyboard (im not paying 400 for a keyboard lol). This would be around 1320 for the iPad pro (11inch 128gb), or around 1290 for the ipad air (256gb- 64 is just not enough).
All the faculties at my school have said that they are comfortable with me using my ipad as a notebook, except for maths- that makes sense, and I'm not gonna do sums on an ipad anyway.

So, does anyone have any experience with using this- all the youtubers are uni students, and I havent heard from anyone in HS. Do you think I should do this, or get a second hand macbook pro/new macbook air? Also, if yes, ipad pro or the ipad air?

Thanks a lot!
I suspect being able to keep handwritten things digitally would help with organisation.

vishnay

God
HSC
if ur not getting a new laptop at all and ur old laptop is near its end then get the ipad pro with a keyboard and apple pencil

if u r getting a new laptop or ur old laptop runs fine then get the air 64gb (256gb if ur gonna play games) with the apple pencil only

i got an ipad air with apple pencil for uni and it is honestly a game changer

lazyyy

HSC
i actually really hated working on the ipad despite my love for pretty note taking. im not always in the mood for handwriting notes in class, but in the long term, i hated the typing experience and couldnt ignore it because my screen and keyboard was tiny. sometimes i would even get distracted and open up other apps too. in senior years i felt like the lessons moved really quickly so it was really useful for me to have a laptop to keep pace with the lesson. on a laptop, its just so much easier and nicer to work with pdfs and sending and saving stuff imo + ull always know a laptop will be capable/compatible with everything/everyone. i noticed on ipad that bad handwriting and mistakes stand out so much more and i wasted so much time trying to rewrite things and make things perfect. and for me, the ipad + case + pen all weighed the same as my laptop too??? it felt like i was carrying the same weight and lost convenience for no reason.

but these might only be big problems for me because i only own one device and don't have a pc at home. there are a couple of ppl i know now in my grade who use their ipads all day at school and dont seem to have any problems or even bring keyboards. i think the base model m1 macbook air 256gb is a quite a steal being only $1.35k and comes with airpods if your high school is eligible with unidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)