_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
shhh erin, i hadn't told them i'd made up my mind yet :p

oh yeah.. decided on video guys :)

emmamar

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
how much EASIER the performance people got it.
if the performance ppl got it easy then i dunno what happened to me? I worked really hard had millions of meetings with my teacher to make sure it was up to scratch.. but i suppose i devised my own script and it was a movement based piece so i had to work to prove i could do well with the topic i chose and the form i was doing it in.. but hey the work paid off and im glad i worked as hard as i did..

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
emmamar said:
if the performance ppl got it easy then i dunno what happened to me? I worked really hard had millions of meetings with my teacher to make sure it was up to scratch.. but i suppose i devised my own script and it was a movement based piece so i had to work to prove i could do well with the topic i chose and the form i was doing it in.. but hey the work paid off and im glad i worked as hard as i did..
dude, your sorta pulling my quote out of context there.

What I was saying is that those im my class who did performance had their script done and rehearsed by the end of term two, whilst I was drafting and re-drafting up until the last day. By far, I travelled the furthurst of any member of my class for research, and with the exception of one or two, was the only person to even go to a city library for it!

Just saying, performance is something that can be done the night before by some people and still managed to get a brilliant mark, you can't do that with submitted IP

HSC
I dunno about not doing a research project
I kinda enjoyed doing mine in a weird way (although it was a bit of a rush cos i started like two months before it was due which is not something id recommend.... makes for crazy people).

I used the quote “Success is transient, evanescent. The real passion lies in the poignant acquisition of knowledge.” from Stanislavski (i know kinda overdone topic) and applied it to the developmental process and the continuation of his "passion" today. I also linked some of his techniques to psychological disorders being prominant in actors- which i found heaps interesting to research

I guess you just gotta choose your form on your strong point obviously. If u usually only go average in performance its a good way to boost ur mark through choosing a writte, i think someones already said that.

Plus I totally agree that its better not to have 60% of ur hsc mark riding on two performances in which anything could go wrong. I felt way safer doin research, call me a chicken but hey.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
miss_unsquiggle said:
I dunno about not doing a research project
I kinda enjoyed doing mine in a weird way (although it was a bit of a rush cos i started like two months before it was due which is not something id recommend.... makes for crazy people).

I used the quote “Success is transient, evanescent. The real passion lies in the poignant acquisition of knowledge.” from Stanislavski (i know kinda overdone topic) and applied it to the developmental process and the continuation of his "passion" today. I also linked some of his techniques to psychological disorders being prominant in actors- which i found heaps interesting to research

I guess you just gotta choose your form on your strong point obviously. If u usually only go average in performance its a good way to boost ur mark through choosing a writte, i think someones already said that.

Plus I totally agree that its better not to have 60% of ur hsc mark riding on two performances in which anything could go wrong. I felt way safer doin research, call me a chicken but hey.
Oh, i confess, I totally loved doing mine, but If i could go back, I would have done theatre criticism...

HSC
yeah something about it i really enjoyed
and i picked it cos i go ok in performance but my written tasks are always stronger
if anyones interested in any field of drama and doin a research ip just start researching and a question will come to u based on wat ur interested in.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
See, i did mine that way, but it was totally wrong for me.

Also, i shouldnt have done a hands on research topic, i shouldve done a book one... but yeah.

HSC
what practical stuff did u do for it?
yeah mine was all book and internet
they had this heaps relevant interview on enough rope with matt damon like the night after the ip was due
i was so cut

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Umm, hands on project on Company B Belvoir, everything came from orignal documents, old newspapers and analysis of performances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)