ip change!!!!! (1 Viewer)

skankit

i was writing a script but i changed to performance, just in time (literally..i changed on wednesday and the deadline was friday...)

was it stupid to change so late??

my script just wasnt going anywhere! im using teh stuff from my script for my monologue though!

im worried it was a dumb idea...?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
you went with ur gut, thats whats important. Trust yourself that you made the right decision. It's never too late, and you felt you were going nowhere. If you feel more comfortable with where you are heading now, thats all that really matters.

HSC
If you're passionate about your script, i think you should continue it (knowing that you've chosen the perfect monologue for yourself as a backup). I started with a script, it took me 7 months to get it altogether and now it finally worked out. But by the end of term 1, my teacher already warned me that i should have a monologue ready in case the script just didn't work out.

I know you'll still do briliantly with the monologue, but if you still have a passion for the script, don't give it up yet! :) (just have the monologue ready so that u can turn to it whenever, but it's best that maybe u give up working with the script if it still doesn't work out by middle of term 3?)

toms

If it wasn't working out then it was probably better to change...

Hell, I'm doing video drama, and literally this weekend I chucked my script and whatever I had already filmed out. It, like your script, just wasn't working. So now with eight weeks left I'm hoping that I haven't shot myself in the foot. I've got my idea, and I'm storyboarding now and scripting later today. I hope to be filming by the end of the week! I've never had to do so much in so little time before. I hope to be editing by next week...Lol...so crazy... :eek: :)

asha_ramirez

HSC
I changed from Film to Costume Design, it's the best decision in regards to Major Works that I've made this year, go with what feels natural, and I think it's probably easier to choose performance than something as draining as script writing. But if you are passionate about your script, ie: you want to write it regardless of school, then finish it anyway :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
change your script : no
change FROM script : yes

cayte

I would say that depends on how good an actor you are. If you have good intuition then you could probably get away with having learnt the piece the night before. If your instincts ten to not serve you too well "on the night" so to speak then I'd say you're better off sticking with what you've got and making it polished, regardless of whether you think it's crap. You're probably sick of it, but the examiners haven't seen it before, so it will be interesting to them.

cynical

I changed from video to performance to costume to advertising to performance :)
haha
but then, I wrote and memorised a 14min script between one lesson and the next (over about three days) because my teacher said i would never be ready in time... I went from nothing to being ahead of everyone in the course of a lesson.. and I sure showed him up when he said 'okay what have you got' and i said 'wellll.. how about i show you what ive gotten so far' and stood up and performed a 14min script word for word... considering he didnt think i had anything at all. Twas great.
NOBODY tells me I wont be ready in time. Jerks.
:)

[Edit: Of course, I had a hell of a lot of editing down to do after that!!]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)