Introductory language courses (1 Viewer)

questiontime

HSC
I completed HSC continuers german in 2012; however I was wondering if I would be allowed to do introductory german (A & B) for my GenEd next year. does anyone know? my language knowledge has completely gone down the drain since hsc

Renko

HSC
Bumping, I want to know as well.

Doesn't unsw have a questionnaire for people to do before they enrol in a language course to determine the most suitable level? Maybe you could feign ignorance so to be placed in the introductory/beginner course, does anyone else know if this works?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
It based on your parents origin. If either one is from the country of the language you are doing, you can't do the beginners course

a19901213

HSC
Bumping, I want to know as well.

Doesn't unsw have a questionnaire for people to do before they enrol in a language course to determine the most suitable level? Maybe you could feign ignorance so to be placed in the introductory/beginner course, does anyone else know if this works?
Yes this works. I was too honest with these questionnaire when I want to enroll in the Japanese course and eventually they putted me in the Professional level course. :uhoh

I'm not Japanese but my Japanese language level is almost native so if I could start from the very beginning course I could have several easy HD for the rest of the language courses.

But again, if you perform way beyond the ability of the class they might force you to swap the course.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Like Above, it's a questionnaire which you can fake. And as mentioned if you're doing too well they are able to put you in a class above with short notice as it's well known for many people to enrol in language classes where they are proficient and gain easy marks in beginner courses.

To answer - yes you can enrol, just don't look like you know everything if things come back to mind - look like you're doing well, but not too well and then you'll gain easy HDs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)