intro to law casenote (1 Viewer)

sandra

HSC
Does anypne know how to propperly refference the case ?
Would it be

Re Woolley and Another; Ex parte APPLICANTS m276/2003 (by their next friend GS)(2004) 210 ALR 369

Its so annoying im totally clueless about the case...
Let alone what obiter dictum and ratio of it is ? Anyone know ? Any ideas would be appreciated....
Also is the father also a party to the case or just the children, manager and minister?
thX heaps in advance to anyone who replies....
shoulda done interior design.. :s

Demandred

HSC
Re Woolley and Another; Ex parte applicants (2004) 210 ALR 369

That should be right, I am not liable if that's the wrong answer :p.

Angel45

HSC
Luv the disclaimer...

yeah, I was thinking same as u. So hard, coz on the report it's got letters/numbers everywhere. And Stumchke isn't much help.

mystify

HSC
Procedural History

Since a thread was opened about the case note id just like to ask a question: in procedural history are we required to include the how the whole visa application was reviewed then rejected and then taken further as the applicants' father appealed....in my opinion i do not think it is necessary as it doesnt link to the legal issues of the case....is anyone else of the same opinion or is everyone including it in procedural history??

Demandred

HSC
I think we do, Simon did tell me to include that stuff when I did it on the Teoh case.

Oh btw, anyone finding the word limit to be a pain?

Angel45

HSC
I didn't. It's got nothing to do with the actual case.

i think that's only for like when a case has been appealed.

mystify

HSC
Demandred said:
I think we do, Simon did tell me to include that stuff when I did it on the Teoh case.

Oh btw, anyone finding the word limit to be a pain?
I am painfully over the word limit :chainsaw: and i honestly don't think i can cut it down any more...its quite impossible.

sandra

HSC
ok but whats the obiter and ratio of the thing ? i cant figure out what to put in n what not to ...

Angel45

HSC
how do u make a statement on obiter....

aren't there going to be like a few "passing" statements?!?

mystify

HSC
Angel45 said:
how do u make a statement on obiter....

aren't there going to be like a few "passing" statements?!?

ive left that part out just for now...im thinking if it is possible to briefly/generally state the issues that constitute obiter....i cant sum up all the passing statements otherwise. Btw 'Angel45' are you over the word limit or is it just me.

Last edited:

sandra

HSC
i left both obiter and ratio out for now ... what did u say for the part where it asks to comment on how GLeeson CJ dealth with significant cases n sections of relevant legisl. in his judgement. I just sorta summarised his argument, mentioned the cases n legislation n left that bit out :S
also how much time have u ppl spent on this case note so far... i only started today... ooooopss :S

= Jennifer =

HSC
sandra said:
i left both obiter and ratio out for now ... what did u say for the part where it asks to comment on how GLeeson CJ dealth with significant cases n sections of relevant legisl. in his judgement. I just sorta summarised his argument, mentioned the cases n legislation n left that bit out :S
also how much time have u ppl spent on this case note so far... i only started today... ooooopss :S

sandra are you in margaret's class??

L

LaraB

PEOPLE!!! I know its due tomorrow so it doesn matter now, but :

the correct case citation is one of the questions!!!

asking for the answer is PLAGIARISM!!!

Demandred

HSC
Lol I wonder if the tutors at the law school are watching this... don't mention your names!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)