Intro to Business Law students (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Our exam is in 2 days. I know, I'm not really looking forward to it.

Anyway, since we're allowed to take in 2 sheets of A4 paper with hand written notes on both sides, what have you people wrote on your notes?

Constitutional law and tort law are not in the exam, so my notes are based on contracts, agency, hierarchy of courts and precedent.

Also, I've now got to have a list of relevant cases. What cases should i put? The last question will be based on contract law and the specific area is genuine consent. What cases should i include on my notes.

Good luck with your studies.

debugz

HSC
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

imdone

Jonathan A

HSC
Rayanaldo said:
Our exam is in 2 days. I know, I'm not really looking forward to it.

Anyway, since we're allowed to take in 2 sheets of A4 paper with hand written notes on both sides, what have you people wrote on your notes?

Constitutional law and tort law are not in the exam, so my notes are based on contracts, agency, hierarchy of courts and precedent.

Also, I've now got to have a list of relevant cases. What cases should i put? The last question will be based on contract law and the specific area is genuine consent. What cases should i include on my notes.

Good luck with your studies.

You are focusing on the right areas.

I have stated something on the topic elsewhere (however the examiner's guide is the more accurate guide)

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Legal_Aid/index.php?showtopic=85&st=0

Cases in consent would include: Solle v Butcher; Commercial Bank v Amadio, the Contracts Review Act, FTA/TPA, McRae v CDC, Goldsborough v Quinn, Taylor v Johnstone, ...

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Jonathan A said:
You are focusing on the right areas.

I have stated something on the topic elsewhere (however the examiner's guide is the more accurate guide)

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Legal_Aid/index.php?showtopic=85&st=0

Cases in consent would include: Solle v Butcher; Commercial Bank v Amadio, the Contracts Review Act, FTA/TPA, McRae v CDC, Goldsborough v Quinn, Taylor v Johnstone, ...
Thanks JA.

The first topic we did, besides Constitutional law, was about the legal system. What notes should i write about this topic?

Also, how many cases should I write down?

Jonathan A

HSC
There are not many cases on our legal system in general. In the historical sense, you could refer to the Earl of Oxford's Case which decided that Equity will prevail over Common Law.

But things to look out for would include: court system, practitioners, history of common law and equity, history of Australian law and statutory interpretation.

L

LaraB

natstar said:
You's can only have 2 sheets of paper? I did this subject last semeste and it was open book for us. We could bring whatever we wanted except UWS library books.
sounds like a lot of subjects have deciede to ditch open book

from whaty lecturers were saying people did so shit in open book so their logic is if it's closed book we'll study more...

although...i still would like to have the A4 page thingo we got for torts for some other exams...

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i think its pretty much questions that were expected and nothing much of trick in it...

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Yeh, wasn't too bad. I didn't find it hard, which is good. I should pass, but hopefully i'll get more than that.

Economics tomorrow at 2.45pm. Great. NOT!

Jonathan A

HSC
Hey guys good work. I was at Parra today, saw some storming out of the exam. Good luck with the other exams and may I say its been a pleasure working with all the IBL students this semester. i have come across some very inquisitive keen and knowledgeable students whom I have faith in will do well. This will mean that I will be mentoring again next semester.

Thanks.

Jiga

Intro to Business Law was suprisingly easy IMO, well at least for me it was, my two pages of notes were 100% on the money. I think they made that test easy because it wasnt open book like previous years, so in a way it was a good year to do it, surely they wont have a 40% failure rate this time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)