Interview Offers for MED at USYD (1 Viewer)

haque

HSC
Anyone got any tips for the interview for me? Like the nature of the whole process etc etc type of questions. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

the leader

HSC
Anyone got any tips for the interview for me? Like the nature of the whole process etc etc type of questions. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
Great work on getting an interview in the first place!! The only help I can really give is that the Medicine brochure thingy at http://www.medfac.usyd.edu.au/futurestudent/med/MedicineSydneyUni-Brochure.pdf says that there is a "semi-structured, objective interview".
I rekon you should plan for 'why do youwant to study medicine?', 'why did you apply for Sydney Uni?' etc, and perhaps some ethical hypotheticals.
Good Luck :)

panicstation said:
I thought Sydney was postgraduate . . .
I think its mainly postgrad, but if you get >99.95 then you can get into the 7 year Science/Medicine undergraduate course. Here's the page http://www.medfac.usyd.edu.au/futurestudent/scimed/admission/index.php

t1801

HSC
sorry i don't know too much about interviews at usyd. you must have aced the umat to get an interview there. aren't there only 10 places? i didn't even bother. i have heard something about different stations and tricky moral/ ethical questions because its mostly postgrad. sorry i can't be more help.

dom001

HSC
N/A
When did the interview offers come out for Sydney?

modezero

HSC
haque said:
congrats haque

I got one too, and so did Vinh. As this is the 2nd year of this course, I'd have no idea what the questions are like but I suppose they are much the same as all the other unis.

when's your interview?

haque

HSC
Yea u ripped the hsc charles-vinh must have too. My interview's at 1045 am on 21st-best of luck man-i don't have much of a clue on how i'm going to prepare but at least some of the advice gets me started-thanx guys

haque

HSC
Tell us how u went for ur interviews, the questions they asked and what they stuffed u up on(if u feel that it might give someone an unfair advantage then post later or don't lol). I'm not sur how i went-i had an upper respiratory infection and had a coughing roll(not a fit) and half the time i was blowing my nose lol. got tongue tied, kept apologising but they didn't ask anything untoward or specific-unlike the co-op, felt this was an easier interview.

Last edited:

dreamer17

HSC
ahhh :eek:

I just read this list of things you should 'do' before the interview and it says to do work experience at a hospital or with a GP. My school sux and we had to find placements ourselves. I called like 6 different hospitals but didnt get placement in any :(

Does not doing work experience affect your chances?

dreamer17

HSC
oh and congrats on ur UAI--freaking unbelievable---I thought if you get above 99.7 you get in automatically---(isnt that the entrance mark :confused:)

Can u ever get into med just with ur UAI and not have to do an interview or UMAT

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
99.7 was the old UNSW score.. in 2001
since then its changing

and your school does not suck.. thats wat all schools do.. if they do it for u.. then ure a lucky lazy lazy person

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)