Interview Difficulties (1 Viewer)

Medman

HSC
I have been tutoring interviews for a while now and I thought it would be informative to let students know what I thought of the difficulty levels of each university's interview questions. This is purely on an interview basis and I am not counting other criteria such as UMAT and ATAR (competition may also be different for each university i.e although UNSW is 5th it is among the most competitive to get in). This is only for undergraduate universities and this is entirely subjective based on my own experiences and opinions.

1. Newcastle
2. UWS, JCU
4. Bond
4. UADEL
5. UNSW

I think ethical scenarios are the most challenging for younger students so any university with ethical scenarios will be ranked higher than those that don't.

Just because I ranked UNSW last does not mean it is easy. There is more to their "questions" than most people would think.

Xt

HSC
N/A
UNSW's interview is the best :D Really loved how they focused on me and my experiences.

medstud

HSC
I would have ranked UWS and JCU as easier than UAdel. I guess it's a personal thing. The only one I didn't do was Bond so can't comment there.

georgela

HSC
N/A
Just wondering, what makes the JMP interviews so difficult?!

Medman

HSC
Just wondering, what makes the JMP interviews so difficult?!
Their questions are hard to prepare for. By prepare I don't mean memorise an answer but understand the ethical principles of medicine and use that to develop a more superior response at the same time embellishing and integrating your personal anecdotes.

Newcastle interview questions are strange in that they can give you graphs to interpret, puzzles to solve which can be practiced but to a less degree.

UAdel's ethical scenarios aren't as hard as UWS's scenarios or JCU's debatable topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)