Interpreting a part of my exam question: EMS (1 Viewer)

munkaii

HSC
5. Electromagnetic waves have potential for future communication technologies and data storage technologies.
- identify data sources, gather and process and present information from secondary sources to identify areas of current research and use the available evidence to discuss some of the underlying physical principals used in one application of physics related to waves, such as:
- Global Positioning Systems
- CD Technology
- Internet (digital process)
- DVD Technology

(ALso this thread is to assist those Seftoners who are being assessed in a matter of days for this)

I'm troubled with trying to interpret the part of the question pasted above.

"areas of current research" and "physical principles"

do i research, finding results related to stuff such as wavelengths..wat type of wave etc.?

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
physical principles is to do with what type of waves they use and how they use ways to operate the object.

Current research would mean the latest version of that particular object. Current research i think in DVD technology is working on Blu-Ray which is something like 10gbs.

Since it's yr11 stuff, you don't really need to know much about it.

munkaii

HSC
ok cheers for that Zenger.
i shall store that information in general knowledge because i had chosen to do GPS. So what are the latest researches to come about from GPS? Any ideas?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
lol, looks like everyone's doing a last minute job!

munkaii

HSC
ah yes trebla. i am yet to know who you are but that seems to be the case =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)