N/A
Re: internships 07

Newbie said:
lol its such a contrast
you got stas who is going nuts and working so hard for p&g
and then dyun the first year anu getting gs because he knows someone

thats life
lol.

On another topic, an old high boy is head of asia pacific equities at credit suisse in hk. You should meet up with him when you go to hk, in your spare 2 hours a week ;)

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC

Newbie said:
lol its such a contrast
you got stas who is going nuts and working so hard for p&g
and then dyun the first year anu getting gs because he knows someone

thats life
lol thanks buddy.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

velox said:
lol.

On another topic, an old high boy is head of asia pacific equities at credit suisse in hk. You should meet up with him when you go to hk, in your spare 2 hours a week ;)
hahahha good call. it's true about the connection though. you should take advantage of it in the collectivist Asian countries.

Although it is quite unfair, overall. It really makes switching social classes difficult

havy

HSC

stazi said:
Although it is quite unfair, overall. It really makes switching social classes difficult
sadly that's the whole point...most ppl suppose to get down and stay down in asian culture, so it is more "stable" for the upper class.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

they better actually keep their promise and tell me tomorrow or i'll eat an unborn child

stazi

Nightman
HSC

:eek: wow. crazy. so layk i got the job. not sure if in singapore/sydney yet, as the department person will confirm that: the HR chick didn't want to ruin all of the suspense. my dream job. holy shit.

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
:eek: wow. crazy. so layk i got the job. not sure if in singapore/sydney yet, as the department person will confirm that: the HR chick didn't want to ruin all of the suspense. my dream job. holy shit.
Congratulations.

Anyone on here who has followed the progress of your application will know how much this meant to you. It is fantastic to see someone from here achieve what they truly wanted to.

Well done, and best of luck with the job.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

thanks heaps dude :) it truly meant a lot. it was my biggest and most important goal ever. the more i heard about P&G the more I wanted it - it truly is my dream job

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC

whoa congrats!!

well deserved! and you have 80+ posts in this thread to document your stress process :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC

haha thanks :D

and I got a phone call 40 mins ago: I got the Singapore offer. Wow. My dream job :D

havy

HSC

congratz staz, funny that u still kept ur cool after getting ur ultimate dream job...you didn't even use one exclamation mark. If it was me I think i'll probably go nuts:rofl:

beverly

HSC
N/A

CONGRATS!

Very exciting indeed, they sure kept you waiting! You've totally shown them, despite them first rejecting you at SDS round! (I still dont understand how that happened...).

You must keep us updated about how it all goes etc.

PS emailing you now

lexie85

HSC

congratz stazi, its awesome when someone gets their dream job

im more interested in the hr internships...btw wats sds and pst ??

stazi

Nightman
HSC

havy said:
congratz staz, funny that u still kept ur cool after getting ur ultimate dream job...you didn't even use one exclamation mark. If it was me I think i'll probably go nuts:rofl:
I used smileys instead :p When I posted it, I was still actually in disbelief. Yay Singapore!

lexie85 said:
congratz stazi, its awesome when someone gets their dream job

im more interested in the hr internships...btw wats sds and pst ??
Their HR internships would also be quite cool. Their goal is to be the number one employer of choice in Australia, so it'd be great to be part of their vision.
SDS: Supplementary Data Sheet (basically a written interview)
PST: Problem Solving Test - you need to score 30/50 on it to progress

Oh and as for that question that I asked that had them all orgasming: I said "As marketers we are often faced with grey-area decisions, both morally and legally. I feel that it's appropriate to 'give back' to the community to, I guess, counter these decisions. I would love to give up my time on weekends helping non-profit organisations. Would you allow me to pursue this?"

Turns out they have a program just for that, and of course, this also satisfied my 'integrity' requirement that is part of the recruitment strategy.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC

congrats stas, well done!

pete_mate

HSC

stazi said:
Oh and as for that question that I asked that had them all orgasming: I said "As marketers we are often faced with grey-area decisions, both morally and legally. I feel that it's appropriate to 'give back' to the community to, I guess, counter these decisions. I would love to give up my time on weekends helping non-profit organisations. Would you allow me to pursue this?"
clearly, it was received well, but would you agree that there could been a danger that it was viewed as "sucking up" too much?

This is a good example of a central issue, a balancing act in interviews i find:

Being too cute, and having prepared answers with the teamwork exampels and other "buzzwords", or being too honest and up-front and not using the "buzz-words" enough, like leadership blah blah.

Personally i think its a tough line to tread, i think that different interviews like differant things, but generally with the HR interviewers they like the sugary stuff and the senior managers like to connect with you sincerely.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

It didn't sound like sucking up though, in the way that I said it. As some people on here know, I have a lot of acting experience, which definitely helps me during interviews. I know to pause in all the right places, and sound a bit shy when asking questions which are obvious set-ups, so that it sounds genuine.

For example, I elaborated and said "you know, just the basic stuff...like say Greenpeace need to raise money for an event to clean up the water in a lake...like, could I do something for them on the weekend?" That way it sounds very sincere.

I actually go in there without prepared answers, as I believe that improvising does give you a better connection with the interviewer. However, there are certainly prepared ways to suck up, especially if you do your research. An example is that I spoke to past candidates who were told that P&G will not want you to do an MBA, as they believe that they educate you well enough, themselves. This isn't something you can simply find on a website.

So, for my first round interview, I said: "something that I had a problem with (in terms of Unilever and CommBank) is that they implied that they encourage people to do postgrad studies. I think I'm getting a bit over university, and personally, if they can't train me to a necessary level and need another uni to do it, then I think there are problems with HR. Now...would I be able to opt not to study an MBA when I go for senior management roles for P&G?"

of course the interviewer also loved that, and even said "that's actually exactly what we think: we give you the P&G education: it is not necessary for you to do any further study. We have loads of training videos, and online resources, even sessions that we run, to train you in all possible skills. So, basically, what you said is exactly what we are looking for"

stazi

Nightman
HSC

oh and on the first comment, notice how i stayed away from the buzz word: integrity. I also posed it as a question, almost asking for permission from them to proceed in my goal of helping the community. It is important to word your questions in the way that it sounds like you are risking something by asking it. They could have said 'no' to helping others as I'd be working for other orgs. Also, they could have said 'yes we need you to do an MBA'. They would not realistically think that I would have had the inside knowledge to know their non-publicised endeavours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)