Internet Relationships ??? (1 Viewer)

Do you think Internet Realtionships are worthwhile when you cant be intimate ?

• Yes

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 41 65.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Storm Carver

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys, Do you reckon they are worthwhile if you really like them, but cant see them due to fact that there a long distance between them

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Internet relationships or long distance relationships?

Or long-distance-internet relationships?

What sort of relationship? Friendship?

Storm Carver

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Internet relationships or long distance relationships?

Or long-distance-internet relationships?

What sort of relationship? Friendship?
Girlfriend/Boyfriend Status Internet Long Distance Relationships...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Storm Carver said:
Girlfriend/Boyfriend Status Internet Long Distance Relationships...
Hmm. So you mean you meet someone and say they move overseas and the only contact method is the internet?

If so then it would be difficult to sustain a lasting relationship solely due to the lack of proper communication and interaction.

If you mean someone you met on the internet whose overseas then it may be best to reconsider the situation and relationship. I personally wouldn't take part in any long-distance internet relationships.

Storm Carver

HSC
N/A
Whoops, meant to be 3 nos, could a moderator please fix, ta

i accidently clicked yes

ice_wind

HSC
once a couple doenst see each other...then thats it, they start falling apart...and internet relationships only owrk if the 2 can meet...not that ive tried, but frends have don it..

olchik

HSC
You know, I have never been in such relationships, but I know some people who met each other through internet and then got married.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
james_chappo said:
I met my girlfriend through BOS. But we progressed from aquintances on BOS - to good friends on msn and lovers on the phone :D. [end mush]
have u seen her in person. tsktsk

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
it works sometimes, i'm not with my loved one right now due to stuff, but will be soon, ofcourse though, we did not meet through the internet.

HSC
id say it depends heavily on how well you know the person, how often you could see them and how well you both are with it...

bassqueen16

HSC
FoodForThought said:
id say it depends heavily on how well you know the person, how often you could see them and how well you both are with it...
I tend to agree, I mean yeah if you've met before and the person moved far away i.e overseas then it may work but without continued communication and actually seeing the person, I can't see a situation where this will pan out.. if someone has an example of a successful internet relationship, do post it ;)

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
well, i'm going to be an example of that, due to parents things have been delayed between me and my significant other for the time being....i'm not upset because it's going to be a good trial before something very very serious occurs.

malkin86

HSC
They reckon that 7% of what we communicate is in our words... So body language, tone, expression, does come into stuff a lot.. which is something that can't really be replicated on the internet.. no matter how many smilies one uses. ;)

You could look as it as getting a chance to know the *real* person, without getting randomly distracted by their hotness/fighting down the urge to rip all their clothes off etc. but I wouldn't want it to be a permanent thing. So.. in a way.. yes, but in a way.. no. :p

dani_123_5

HSC
N/A
samuelblayden said:
i'm n one and it is really hard especially se we love each other a lot
it is hard but we are working through it hey Sam? i think all it takes is patience and trust, without that ur fucked.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
It can work out if both are willing to work i.e. communication everyday. But there should be some time where one will meet the other otherwise both will start feeling lonely and the relationship may end unexpectedly. It also depends on how commited you want to be at this stage of life. I've been in a matter somewhat like this but even though there are many challenges to it, I've learnt heaps about being away from someone you love and the rewards that come from it. i.e. the fantastic feeling you get when you see them once in a fortnight or so. :)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
it will really test commitment......same with long distance relationships, if there is trust it will work out...me and my bf are going through this before marriage, it's more positive than negative really, because then you will really know if it was meant to be or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)