• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Internet filtering: You can't opt-out (2 Viewers)

Will you be voting labor?

• Yes, because i support the internet filter

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Yes, but it has nothing to do with the filter

Votes: 36 22.6%
  • No, because i'm against the filter

Votes: 61 38.4%
  • No, i was never intending to vote labor.

Votes: 53 33.3%

• Total voters

prime-factor

HSC
Anyone who supports internet censorship should consult a psychiatrist. Who in their right mind wants to have their freedom of speech and information restricted?. It's one thing to be indifferent to the issue, but I am absolutely startled by the people on here that want this tyrannical shit perpetuated any further.

I may wrongly misinterpret people on here that support censorship, as they may be joking. But to those that are seriously for it, YOU ARE A JOKE.

Remember. Once this starts it doesn't end. I think that protecting the FULL availability of the internet is paramount and should be fought for fearlessly.

To those that want to censor the internet: When you're being fucked over by government don't come crying.

Last edited:

prime-factor

HSC
The ridiculous excuse of 'protecting children' is so insulting to our intelligence. It's like a punch in the face and a kick in the guts to our rights and freedoms.

I am literally :burn: about this.

Sayangliss

HSC
^Haha, something I can agree with you for once.

Anyone know when the proposed "trial" is going to happen?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
DEAR RESIDENTS OF MACARTHUR

Come along to meet Kevin Rudd (and other ministers) and voice your concern at the Macarthur Community Cabinet forum.

YOU MUST BOOK IT BY TOMMOROW.
Phone: 1800 088 323
Internet: Error Page

When: 17th Feb beggining 4:30pm-5:45pm (sign in) 6:00pm (forum)
Where: Campbelltown Performing Arts High School

КГБ

Banned
HSC
wtf is he going to say? shit like ...umm its to protect your little sister. fucking goof head Krudd is.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
AUSTRALIA'S three largest internet service providers will not be included in the Federal Government's first trial of web filtering technology.

Optus and iiNet were both absent from the list of six companies to take part in the trial, announced this evening by Communications Minister Stephen Conroy.

Both providers had applied to take part in the tests. The country's biggest provider Telstra shunned the scheme last year.

The six providers announced to take part were:

Primus Telecommunications – Internet Service Provider, Broadband, Home Phone, VoIP - Primus Telecom

Tech 2U – TECH 2U Internet Services - Your Gateway to the Internet

Webshield – Webshield Internet Services ~ Australia's First Content Filtered ISP ~ Broadband ~ VOIP ~ DIALUP ~ Fast and Friendly Internet Services

OMNIconnect – Omniconnect Telecommunications

Netforce – http://www.netforce.com.au/

Highway 1 – Highway 1 - Premium Internet Solutions for Small Business

Aside from Primus, has anyone heard of any of these companies?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
AUSTRALIA'S three largest internet service providers will not be included in the Federal Government's first trial of web filtering technology.

Optus and iiNet were both absent from the list of six companies to take part in the trial, announced this evening by Communications Minister Stephen Conroy.

Both providers had applied to take part in the tests. The country's biggest provider Telstra shunned the scheme last year.

The six providers announced to take part were:

Primus Telecommunications – Internet Service Provider, Broadband, Home Phone, VoIP - Primus Telecom

Tech 2U – TECH 2U Internet Services - Your Gateway to the Internet

Webshield – Webshield Internet Services ~ Australia's First Content Filtered ISP ~ Broadband ~ VOIP ~ DIALUP ~ Fast and Friendly Internet Services

OMNIconnect – Omniconnect Telecommunications

Netforce – http://www.netforce.com.au/

Highway 1 – Highway 1 - Premium Internet Solutions for Small Business

Aside from Primus, has anyone heard of any of these companies?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
What... why would they pick those companies other than if they wanted to make sure the filters would not be under any scrutiny.

It has to be an epic joke.

Conroy should be sacked.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Srs question: Let's go to parliament house and make a big fuss by yelling and shit during question time alright? I'll drive.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Somebody hurry up and assassinate Stephen Conroy for the good of us all.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
FU I don't trust your driving.

I'll drive.
I'm an excellent driver. But woteva as long as moar attention is given to the issue eh? Apart from a front page Herald article when it was announced that it, like, WON'T WORK there's been little said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)