• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Internet Explorer or Firefox? (1 Viewer)

HSC
My favorite is Opera, though I load facebook and uni stuff in Firefox.

I find the interface cleaner, and (for my less important passwords) prefer the "key" tool to having my password load automatically in FF.

Speeddial is also wicked, since my window isnt constantly clogged with bookmarked windows.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, don't like chrome... it pisses me off because it pretends to load and makes out that it's not lagging when it is. If you're lag... just fucking tell me that you're lagging and I won't push lotsa buttons >_<

Fuck chrome. Now I'm shitty.

lol

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
chrome is actually amazingly awesome and speedy as hell.

the only reason i use firefox is because facebook and vista.elearning.unsw.edu.au SOMETIMES go weird in chrome, and i have a few addons that i use.

i've never used opera before..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Firefox will always be best if you know how to change the piplining on it... it's even better than the best - it's aewzumz!

Chrome crashes too often and lags on certain computers, whereas firefox at least tells me it's lagging (unlike a particular chrome web browser).

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
Internet Exploder: Shit

Mozilla Firefox: Great, but a memory hog.

Google Chrome: Still in pre-release stage. Missing some things but does quite a good job with CSS compared to FFX and definately a better job than IE. Improved rendering engine means faster pages!

Camino/Mozilla/SeaMonkey variants: Basically really old customizations of Firefox. Do not want.

Netscape Failigator: Still uses the ancient 1995 engine. Fail and aids.

Opera: An aquired taste. Does an alright job.

WW2/Links: For the hardcore.

Safari: Meh, it works. (Only use safari >v5., some controls look gay)

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
i hear safari is really fast (or was it opera...cant remember)

i might get it when i format laptop and install windows 7.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Internet Exploder: Shit

Mozilla Firefox: Great, but a memory hog.

Google Chrome: Still in pre-release stage. Missing some things but does quite a good job with CSS compared to FFX and definately a better job than IE. Improved rendering engine means faster pages!

Camino/Mozilla/SeaMonkey variants: Basically really old customizations of Firefox. Do not want.

Netscape Failigator: Still uses the ancient 1995 engine. Fail and aids.

Opera: An aquired taste. Does an alright job.

WW2/Links: For the hardcore.

Safari: Meh, it works. (Only use safari >v5., some controls look gay)
Get over yourself... IE8 isn't too bad. I've had no problems with it. Firefox is only a memory hog if you're shit and dunno how to use it... or if you've got a wooden computer. Chrome is very good yes.

WW2/Links are for those same people who use obscure distro's of Linux because they can...

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
Get over yourself... IE8 isn't too bad. I've had no problems with it. Firefox is only a memory hog if you're shit and dunno how to use it... or if you've got a wooden computer. Chrome is very good yes.

WW2/Links are for those same people who use obscure distro's of Linux because they can...

Firefox is still uses up more memory in comparison to other browsers. This can be a good thing (ie. Quick cache) and a bad thing either when you're low on memory or when you have a million tabs/other apps open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)