International Studies (1 Viewer)

captnbuttons

Hey!! i was wondering if anyone out there was also considering doing international studies at UNSW? I've had a look around the other unis and they do international studies or a simialr version but only as a Bachelor of Arts, but UNSW does an actual bachelor of International studies!
I'm really really REALLY interested in this course... does anybody out there do it already?! what do you think?!

And also, i saw that the 2001 UAI mark had to be an 89 or a 90 i think it was.. do u think this will go up or stay pretty much the same?

Thanks guys!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont know anyone personally doing it, but I kno this yr's cutoff for the Main round was 90.90

captnbuttons

International studies is like languages, globilisation, linguistics, history its under the social science faculty i'm pretty sure! Jobs include diplomatic positions, translating, interpretng, anything with languages, workng in embassies i know osmeone who even got accepted into asio! lol

captnbuttons

lol well u gottobe good at the languages u choose to learn!! lol but yeah i guess been good at english might help i'm not sure!!!

^___^
HSC
oh, thats stupid for me...

i wanted something like international relations kinda thingo as in working in relationship between countries or companies

pri

HSC
N/A
international studies is not just languages, doesnt it involve international relations or politics or somethin like that?

^___^
HSC
B International studies 391760
Major studies: asian, cultural, European, and gender studies, international business languages (french, chinese, indo.....etc), peace studies, politics

s2ophie

HSC
I want to do this course!!! However I can't decide whether is hould put the ANU course or this one as my first preference. Logically, I should go to Canberra as it is the national capital but i have always wanted to move to Sydney.

What do you want to do with the course captbuttons? Do you already do a language? I do italian and i would love to continue that however UNSW apparently only offers Italian by correspondance through UNE. I would like to also learn spanish so maybe i could do that.

Also which stream are you interested in doing. i only know for sure that i don't want to do asian studies but the other 3 look interseting.

^___^
HSC
but if we go to ANU, then where are we gonna live?!??!?! is there a campus or we have to rent a house there?

s2ophie

HSC
ANU does have campus's. the person i know at ANU is living off campus though

canberra's not that bad, just too many circles OOOOOOOO

s2ophie

HSC
is anyone interested in the BA comm(social inquiry)/ B A international studies at UTS i used to be interested in that but 97!!

^___^
HSC
is there anyone seriosuly interested in International Studies, i mean i now have UNSW, ANU and UCanberra...

hmm....too many to chose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)