International Studies at ANU? (1 Viewer)

ursus

HSC
Hi,
I'm doing year 12 in Melbourne, so VCE not HSC, and I really want to work for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Canberra, so I'm looking at doing a Bachelor of International Studies or a Bachelor of Arts majoring in International Studies and Indonesian. I've heard from a lot of people that the IS course is really great at ANU. So are there any IS students who could give me some information about the course please? And do you know if attending ANU would give me a higher chance of getting into DFAT? And can I get in even though I'm not doing HSC (is VCE equivalent)?
Thanks very much.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
ursus said:
Hi,
I'm doing year 12 in Melbourne, so VCE not HSC, and I really want to work for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Canberra, so I'm looking at doing a Bachelor of International Studies or a Bachelor of Arts majoring in International Studies and Indonesian. I've heard from a lot of people that the IS course is really great at ANU. So are there any IS students who could give me some information about the course please? And do you know if attending ANU would give me a higher chance of getting into DFAT?And can I get in even though I'm not doing HSC (is VCE equivalent)?
Thanks very much.
ANU is generally well regarded amongst employers. Saying it gives you a better chance would depend on what other uni you are comparing it to.

No you have to go to uni in your own state...:rolleyes:

blacksunset

HSC
of course u can go there if ur from melbourne.... what school are you at at the moment? your careers teachers have not advised/informed you about going interstate or anything?

ursus

HSC
yeah i think i meant international relations.

ha i probably didnt word that well, i meant do i have to apply separately, like direct to the uni, or can i apply through vtac (vic. tertiary admissions centre)?

blacksunset

HSC
you have to apply seperately.. through UAC (pretty much exactly the same as VTAC but the NSW version). ask your careers councellor to take you through it, they should know how it all goes. if not, its quite easy to do it yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)