internal vs external (1 Viewer)

schooly

hi, i was just wondering if someone is ranked first overall in the internal component, then comes like 3rd say out of those in his school in the hsc exam, does he get scaled down?
Scenario: like say i came first in english and this other guy came 3rd. but in the hsc exam he beat me, do i get scaled down for that?
thanx

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by schooly
hi, i was just wondering if someone is ranked first overall in the internal component, then comes like 3rd say out of those in his school in the hsc exam, does he get scaled down?
Scenario: like say i came first in english and this other guy came 3rd. but in the hsc exam he beat me, do i get scaled down for that?
thanx
You know, that's interesting. I would like to know that too!

Apparently, (well, as explained by some Year 11's at my school who has siblings doing the HSC last year), if you beat someone in the external exam, or something, you take over their position..

Can someone clarify that please??

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If you are ranked first in school then that will always remain.

The highest exam mark will become your moderated assessment mark. This may or may not necessarily be your own exam mark.

You retain your exam mark and the average of your exam + moderated assessment mark is taken to give you your HSC mark.

In your example if you came 3rd in the exam but first in school, the highest exam mark regardless of whose it is becomes your moderated assessment mark. You exam mark never changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)