Internal Transfers (Autumn 2006)

Internal Transfers Application Results are available (as at 5pm 25/07/06):
http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/ict/results/index.cfm
Information at:
http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/enrolment/how_to/current/internalcoursetransfers.html

___

My Results:
Successful Internal Course Transfer Application
Congratulations! Your application for (Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Computing) has been SUCCESSFUL.

= I will be thinking about the transfer the next couple of days, and will post if I accepted/rejected the offer.

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Re: Internal Transfers (Autumn 2006)

how long did it take for them to tell you about the success of your transfer? i mean from when you lodged the application till now i guess...just curious

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

thejosiekiller said:
how long did it take for them to tell you about the success of your transfer? i mean from when you lodged the application till now i guess...just curious
Deadline for internal transfer applications closed on the 30th of June.

Needed to write a 500 word supporting statement on why I should be offered the course. Also submitted some supporting documentation (e.g. other achievements in high school etc.).
I assume they took into account my UAI and my semester 1 university results.

kami said:
Congratulations Huratio:)
Thanks kami =)

Kd14

HSC

My Results:
Congratulations! Your application for (Bachelor of Engineering Bachelor of Business Dip Eng Practice) has been SUCCESSFUL

I've already accepted the offer. One thing which was unclear though was whether I have to take Physical Modelling A again or go straight into enrolling into Physical Modeeling B. It says that my previous subjects [OOP, IEE, MathMod1] were 'forwarded' to my new course, meaning I don't have to do them again. What about my Physical Modelling A.. =\

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Huratio said:
My Results:
Congratulations! Your application for (Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Computing) has been SUCCESSFUL.

= I will be thinking about the transfer the next couple of days, and will post if I accepted/rejected the offer.
I just accepted it this morning. Also submitted my new Commonwealth Application Form thing via the web. Can't enrol myself into new subjects until that email confirmation comes back (about 48 hours =/).

Kd14 said:
I've already accepted the offer. One thing which was unclear though was whether I have to take Physical Modelling A again or go straight into enrolling into Physical Modeeling B. It says that my previous subjects [OOP, IEE, MathMod1] were 'forwarded' to my new course, meaning I don't have to do them again. What about my Physical Modelling A.. =\
Congrads kd14!
Did your mark for Physical Modelling A get withheld? You could contact the faculty on whether you are exempted from it.. I'm happy all of my subjects we're transferred to the new course:

Principles of Distributed Computing --> Computer Fundamentals
Information, Classification and Control --> Information Systems Principals
Object-Oriented Programming --> Programming Fundamentals
Networking 1 --> Networking Fundamentals

Will be looking to do: Managing People and Organisations, Accounting for Business, Marketing Foundations, and Systems Modelling for this semester..

Last edited:

Kd14

HSC

Congrats Huratio!

Now something has gone wrong. I logged in to check if my application was successful, but form some reason, it has told me that I'm now unsuccesful.

Guess I have to wait for that email..

48 hr delay.. >.>

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

thanks kd14!

yeah i want to enrol into my new subs and classes, and i don't think i can speed this process up =/
looked on the timetable builder.. and the tutorials have like 1 or 2 spaces in them =O they might be inaccurate though.

Huratio said:
I just accepted it this morning. Also submitted my new Commonwealth Application Form thing via the web. Can't enrol myself into new subjects until that email confirmation comes back (about 48 hours =/).
looks like they approved my hecs form yesterday..

Last edited:

Kd14

HSC

I'm gonna wait for the email before I fill that out..

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
congrats Huratio :)
wat subs r u doing this sem?
I know some business/computing people
they are good blokes!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
goan_crazy said:
congrats Huratio :)
wat subs r u doing this sem?
I know some business/computing people
they are good blokes!
Managing People and Organisations, Accounting for Business, Marketing Foundations, and Systems Modelling.

Kd14 said:
I'm gonna wait for the email before I fill that out..
still haven't got the email.. may not even have a timetable by the beginning of the semester =/

Kd14

HSC
Same here. I still haven't got the email.

I still have my previous courses' timetable since I only had to basically add the Diploma. So, I'll prolly just use that.

Also, I still wouldn't fill up the CAForm til I get the email. =\

Lumina

Hey does anyone know what is going on with the internal course transfers?
At first i didnt get accepted and found i was unsuccesfull with my transfer, and only just yesterday, i checked again and found i was accept, weird. They said i am meant to wait for an email, but i still havent received one. Am i required to wait 48 hours? Also now, when i check the internal course transfer page, it comes up with a lot of errors on the page?

I really have no idea, i thought i wasnt accepted and fair enough, but now they given me an offer, and with only a few more days before uni, i wanna get this sorted ASAP

Kd14

HSC
I had the same thing happen to me, though it was the other way around.

First I checked, it told me that I was accepted. Ok Good. Then after anxiously waiting for the email, I checked it again and told me my application was unsuccesful. Uh oh. BUT THEN, I checked it again last night and now has told me that I was succesful. I accepted it, and am now waiting for the email. [Geez, it's takin ages..]

Try emailing SAU.

blu biu

HSC
i still havent recieved email for my transfer =(
i checked mystudentadmin
they enrolled me for all my subjects
but havent transfered me yet =(

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Huratio said:
Managing People and Organisations, Accounting for Business, Marketing Foundations, and Systems Modelling.
Marketing Foundations was all full so I'm going to do Economics for Business instead =/

blu biu said:
i still havent recieved email for my transfer =(
i checked mystudentadmin
they enrolled me for all my subjects
but havent transfered me yet =(
Got the email this afternoon from the liason officer from the Faculty of IT. SAU won't help you if the faculty you are internally transferring has admitted you to your new subject.
I suggest calling your faculty, as I did a couple of times and got an answer on when I was going to get the email and eventually got it =)

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It's probably better for you to do Economics for Business anyways so you can do Fundamentals of Business Finance next semester. That way you have less risk of falling behind incase you haven't planned ahead.

Lumina

Hey how can i tell if im officially entered into the course?

This internal course transfer is a mess, i originally didnt get accepted into the course and 4 days later i find out i actually made it in. Personally, i believe that the offer was made by an error in the system or something as it doesnt really make sense that i would be denied a place at the beginning and then offered it later??? The system is a mess, i tried to go and check it once again, but theres all these errors on the page, is anyone else getting these errors???

Under my student admin, i have one course (my current course) status as "Admitted" and the course i tried to transfer into status is "Applied". This doesn't look right im guessing? So im technically still in my old course or what?

Haaha im abit stressed over all this, so any help is appreciated!!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
jasee said:
It's probably better for you to do Economics for Business anyways so you can do Fundamentals of Business Finance next semester. That way you have less risk of falling behind incase you haven't planned ahead.
Yeah.. my subjects are in a little mess, seeing that I've done 4 IT subjects from (BScIT) and no business subjects =/ Should all sort over after next semester though.

Ryu said:
Under my student admin, i have one course (my current course) status as "Admitted" and the course i tried to transfer into status is "Applied". This doesn't look right im guessing? So im technically still in my old course or what?

Haaha im abit stressed over all this, so any help is appreciated!!
If your course was offered it would look like this:
Current Course --> Admitted/Withdrawn
New Course --> Offered

If the study plan has been uploaded from the faculty systems it would look like this:
Current Course --> Withdrawn
New Course --> Admitted
(This would mean that you can continue your enrollment process: subjects and timetable).

If you are eager to look at what your timetable will look like, you could always use the timetable builder at: https://mysubjects.uts.edu.au/aplus2006/aptimetable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)