Internal Transfer (1 Viewer)

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Hey,

I’m currently in first year at ANU, but am thinking of transferring my degree to another one at ANU for next year. Both are at the same entry score level.

Just wondering, what are the chances of getting the transfer; will it just be a straight transfer as they are both at the same level? Also next year I will do mostly first year courses again as the degree I’m doing, the courses don’t really fit in with the degree I’m transferring over to.

Also, does anyone know how long before you find out, I’ll put in the internal transfer soon with the online form, but will they let me know before the end of the year or will I have to wait until next semester to find out if I got the transfer approved?

Cheers

lambchop

HSC
N/A
they should let you know by end of year as you would be applying for sem 1 2010. unless you have missed cut off dates. courses you have taken can be credited as part of your electives in your new course, if you are allowed electives in that course. as long as you have decent grades you should be allowed to change over. permission is needed from both your old and new faculty. as you have also completed a year of uni, it will probably be ur uni score not the UAI that will be taken into consideration now.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Yea, that answer is kinda useless as I already knew that and I wanted an answer from someone who has done an internal transfer, rather than the “official page” as it doesn’t answer things like, when you actually find out, is it at the end of the year in November or when the Uni opens again in January? All it says is that you have to register in the new program by Jan 30 – which, duh, is obvious.

Closing date is in December, but is that when they look at the applications, or if I apply now will they look at it now? Does it make a difference if I apply earlier? It doesn’t answer that on the official site.

It also doesn’t say how easy it is getting the transfer approved, nothing about grades or anything or how Much Uni you must have already done, just says that you can apply for transfer.

Do they need to wait until my second set of exams are completed, even though I won’t be transferring any subjects to the new degree (I want to start with first year ones next year anyway on the new degree so no need to transfer credit). It doesn’t answer that on the official site.

So yea, Google might answer everything for you, but not for me.

Cheers anyway,

lambchop

HSC
N/A
why don't you call them and ask the more specific questions you have. in the end everyones experience is different. my transfer was pretty easy. I applied semester on of my 2nd year and started new degree semester two. best thing is to call

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you apply early, because they don't start looking at transfer applications until after the closing date in December. You'll find out in late January I think whether your application is successful - at least that's when I found out about mine.

I applied to transfer at the end of my 1st year (last year) and just started the new program this year.

They will take into account your uni marks, since you will have been studying at the tertiary level for a full year. However, in the transfer application you are given the opportunity to write a short statement about why you should be allowed to transfer.

Good luck! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)