Interesting University Assignments (1 Viewer)

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Contrary to popular thought, university assignments may have some interesting quirks in their outlines making them an engaging task to undertake. This thread to discuss any university assignments (or high school if you wish) which you found enjoyable to do.

Here's mine:

USYD - GEOS1002 (Introductory Geography) - 'Geography of' Report (40%)

Geography is often regarded as a rather dry subject but I feel that reputation is hard done-by. The Year 9 and Year 10 Geography syllabus is regarded as poor even by the teachers which teach the subject as it fails to capture the imagination of the students which I know is possible for such an engaging area of interest. In this particular assignment worth 40% of our marks, we had to a "Geography of." This was essentially a 2500 report on whatever the fuck we wanted to do. In my pairing, I chose to do Culture in Top‐Flight European Football. This was kind of a dream assignment as I basically got to research what I research in my spare time. In the end I got a Distinction for it, so job well done. Other interesting topics covered by other groups included The Cocaine Trade: A Geographical Perspective on Production and Trafficking (D+), Sushi Globalisation: The "Sushi‐Train" (D++), Microbreweries (Cr), Ice Cream (HD-), The Mafia (HD) and London Burning: A Geography of the London Riots (HD). Having a look at the results for the different groups, it seemed that the more creative topics yielded greater marks. Who would think that a 2500 word paper on Ice Cream would yield a HD, aye? Needless to say, the reception for this particular unit was well-received and with assignments like this, I'm sure it will remain popular for years to come.

How about you guys?

(P.S. If some of you newbies entering 2012 would get to grips about university assignments standards and would like to read this assignment, or any others feel free to PM me. This is of course limited to the units and their respective fields to which I have covered) :wavey:

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
An Business Ethics assignment gave you the option to do a visual diary. I ended up making a parody of the old spice ad, and got full marks.

MGMT assignment on a topic of our own choosing. Got a HD for doing the influence and usage of improv theatre in planning and management.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Contrary to popular thought, university assignments may have some interesting quirks in their outlines making them an engaging task to undertake. This thread to discuss any university assignments (or high school if you wish) which you found enjoyable to do.

Here's mine:

USYD - GEOS1002 (Introductory Geography) - 'Geography of' Report (40%)

Geography is often regarded as a rather dry subject but I feel that reputation is hard done-by. The Year 9 and Year 10 Geography syllabus is regarded as poor even by the teachers which teach the subject as it fails to capture the imagination of the students which I know is possible for such an engaging area of interest. In this particular assignment worth 40% of our marks, we had to a "Geography of." This was essentially a 2500 report on whatever the fuck we wanted to do. In my pairing, I chose to do Culture in Top‐Flight European Football. This was kind of a dream assignment as I basically got to research what I research in my spare time. In the end I got a Distinction for it, so job well done. Other interesting topics covered by other groups included The Cocaine Trade: A Geographical Perspective on Production and Trafficking (D+), Sushi Globalisation: The "Sushi‐Train" (D++), Microbreweries (Cr), Ice Cream (HD-), The Mafia (HD) and London Burning: A Geography of the London Riots (HD). Having a look at the results for the different groups, it seemed that the more creative topics yielded greater marks. Who would think that a 2500 word paper on Ice Cream would yield a HD, aye? Needless to say, the reception for this particular unit was well-received and with assignments like this, I'm sure it will remain popular for years to come.

How about you guys?

(P.S. If some of you newbies entering 2012 would like to read this assignment, or any others feel free to PM me) :wavey:
Can you make a thread of the worse assignments ever done? I can name a few... actually I have a list from A-Z literally. Best assignment was in High School for Ancient History in which we were given a personal interest theory assignment. My report was on "Did Anne Boleyn manipulate King Henry VIII in order to become Queen of England and create the Church of England?". Needless to say I only got 75% for that... but that's okay because that assignment was done the night before. For university... haha... it would be my marketing units in which I always get Ds and HDs and everything was edited and finalised the day before. I also hate group assessments - so make sure you have good group members son.

Oh PS. if you are a 2012 freshmen for Business and Commerce - I've got first year books for sale and will be giving you my study notes to go along. PLUS DO NOT MAJOR IN ACCOUNTING - don't do it son if you value your life.

TheExpert

HSC
N/A
Well if you are going to college they are a fact of life unfortunately. The thing is, I love group projects when you have a good team that wants to work together and get the thing done. However this is obviously not going to be the case for a lot of uni projects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)