interested in politics and international relations (1 Viewer)

freaksoutalot

HSC
hey all..

im interested in both politics and international relations.

what degrees should i look into over the coming year,

my subjects are:

English Extension 2
Legal studies
Business studies (accelerated 08)
Economics
Studies of religion 2

im just looking for suggestions.

lionking1191

HSC
freaksoutalot said:
im not stressin, just seeing whats out there.
a big big wide wide world

srsli international studies would fit very well into politics and int'l relations.

freaksoutalot

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
You can do it with my degree: Commerce (Liberal Studies) @ USyd
Might want to consider it seeing as you are an accelerated student for Business Studies.

Other degrees include:
Arts
Economics & Social Science
International & Global Studies

whats involved in a commerce (liberal studies) degree?

CurlyRuby

HSC
International Studies would be perfect for you. You can do a lot of government, political economy and lots of other subjects with an internationaly focus, e.g. this semester I'm going world politics and geopolitics.

freaksoutalot

HSC
CurlyRuby said:
International Studies would be perfect for you. You can do a lot of government, political economy and lots of other subjects with an internationaly focus, e.g. this semester I'm going world politics and geopolitics.
sounds awesome.

so what uni's offer international studies?

HSC
no one can chose a course for you and they are all different, so i suggest you just jump on the websites for each uni you are interested in and check out what they have on offer.

As a Victorian, and University of Melbourne student I can recommend Arts here (which is what i am doing). You can do a major in political science or international studies, and you have to take subjects from outside your faculty, which allows you to complement your studies of politics with useful studies such as economics (which is what i am doing).

IT's good.

RMIT university in Melbourne is also well known for it's international studies and international business courses, and Monash University has some very experienced lecturers in the are of Int. Studies.

Obviously if you aren't considering interstate study, don't worry about what i say above.

I can also recommend ANU (Australian National Uni Canberra) if you don't mind living in Canberra - it is the political capital of the nation, (and the actual one obviously!), and the courses in International STudies there are very good (i looked into them for myself) and they have a good range of subjects!

freaksoutalot

HSC
cute.asa.button said:
no one can chose a course for you and they are all different, so i suggest you just jump on the websites for each uni you are interested in and check out what they have on offer.

As a Victorian, and University of Melbourne student I can recommend Arts here (which is what i am doing). You can do a major in political science or international studies, and you have to take subjects from outside your faculty, which allows you to complement your studies of politics with useful studies such as economics (which is what i am doing).

IT's good.

RMIT university in Melbourne is also well known for it's international studies and international business courses, and Monash University has some very experienced lecturers in the are of Int. Studies.

Obviously if you aren't considering interstate study, don't worry about what i say above.

I can also recommend ANU (Australian National Uni Canberra) if you don't mind living in Canberra - it is the political capital of the nation, (and the actual one obviously!), and the courses in International STudies there are very good (i looked into them for myself) and they have a good range of subjects!
thanks for the help, ive kinda narrowed it down to political science / international studies at a sydney uni and international relations and security analysis at ANU, so im probs going to put a mix of these as my preferencex when i submitt my UAC application.

HSC
Agree with aboves.
Check out International Communication and International Business at Macq

I'm an 08er so i probably wouldn't know anything. :p

EDIT: Also International Relations at UWS

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)