Intended results for English techniques???? (1 Viewer)

Iq

HSC
Hey

Does anyone have the intended results for techniques that could be used in the visual section of SC?

By this, I mean something like a list of the techniques and the result they have.

For example: with exagerration, it is used to emphasise a particular point and with tone of intimacy, it is used to get the readers attention and involvement.

Thats all I can think off :mad1:

Even a website would be useful

Thanks
Iq

specialkay

HSC
N/A
Hey,
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by visual section of SC english but I hope this helps anyway.

Language techniques can include:

irony: saying one thing but meaning the opposite.
slang: very informal language and not acceptable in all situations.
jargon: technical language which is specific to a group.
metaphor: comparison between two objects by saying one is another.
simile:a comparison between two objects using the word "like" or "as"
tone: writer's attitude to their subject or audience
cliche: a phrase that has been overused. Eg: once upon a time
personification: giving a non-living thing living characteristics

Visual techniques can include:
- Use of a certain picture or photo to catch audience's attention or interest or to relate with the audience.

- Use of different fonts to attract attention to different parts of the page.

- Use of a particular font to attract a different type of audience or to set the tone. Eg: If you used a font that looked like a 'kids handwriting' then it would imply that the page may be for kids or that the text is intended to be humourous.

- Use of bold or larger font to attract attention or emphasize a particular point.

- Use of italic fonts to indicate that it is a quote or to emphasize something.

- Use of logos which the audience may be able to recognise or to promote a particular company.

- Use of different colours of font to attract attention or set a particular colour theme to the page. Eg: Yellow and green colours may be used on a sporting article to indicate the AUSTRALIAN colours.

- Use of picture or photograph to draw attention or refer to text.

Caricature - A drawing or description that exaggerates the pecularities of the subject in question. Often a source of parody. Eg: An illustration of a chinese with small eyes. (It's really just a drawing or description which exaggerates and emphasizes stereotypes.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)