integrating methodologies (1 Viewer)

liddy

hey everyone

ive pretty much finished the central material of my pip and have written - separately as yet - the processes of my methodological research and problems i faced/overcame etc etc.....

how is the best way to integrate this information when i mention each methodology in each of my chapters?

ie. should i put ALL the information (re. process, etc) about my questionnaire when i FIRST make reference to it, or should i spread this information out over the whole body????

tankyee

mishka

HSC
N/A
mine comes up in various places during my central material. generally, i think, all methodologies and how you executed them are found in the intro, where you justify your choices. however, it's up to you - i found it easier to talk about the methodologies as I wrote my central material rather than put it in at the end... :confused: you could also mention your difficulties/successes in your log!!!!

liddy

yeh, we were told to put it in the central material as well....fingers crossed thats right! the log incorporates it too, but the central material shouldnt just be a research essay - it needs to incorporate the process of your research. so i guess it all overlaps a little...??

K__8

Mmmm....we got told to put all that stuff into the Log and the body just has your results and findings etc...dont think it will make much of a difference!

liddy

hmm i duno that might be pushing it a bit..? tho im really not sure sorry

jeska

i wouldnt suggest putting it in the conclusion because your conclusion shouldn't bring up anything new which hasn't already been spoken about: difficulties and successes are best put into the log, or you can have reference to them in a foot note or appendix when you speak bout them in your central material...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)