Integrated French and business course (1 Viewer)

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
hey guys

i was just wondering whether there was anyone here doing the course or interested in it? i know applications close 30th nov, and i can't decide whether to go for it! it's pretty hard to get into isn't it? if they only take 10 ppl per year..

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I'm not sure what you mean by the applications close 30th November. Which course are you referring to? Insearch@UTS?

Anyways, UTS offer the Bachelor of Arts in International Studies with quite a lot of degrees at UTS. One of them is the Bachelor of Business. So you could combine Business with International Studies and do the French major. You'll need a UAI (or equivalent) to get into that course though. I'm sure they take more than 10 people into this course.

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
no, i mean the 'diplome des etudes superieures', the one where you do business and french and then they send you off to france to get work experience for two years- do you know anyone who does it?

I'm pretty sure that i won't apply, because its so expensive to live in france and they only offer $1000 scholarships, but asking just in case ppl think its a spectacularly wonderful course that's worth breaking the bank for!

stephies

well, this is very belated but i guess better late than never
i'm seriously considering doing the same course cranberries
the supplementary application form isn't due back until friday of the first week of january
when i went to the open day back in august they said that the only reason people who've applied in past haven't been accepted has been because their level of french wasn't sufficient, so otherwise you're pretty much guaranteed a place
i found the website for the reims school in france its www.reims-ms.fr, check out the cesem program (the one uts offers), there's heaps of information there
i haven't met anyone who is doing it but but from all i've read, particularly from reims website which has heaps more on the course than uts, it sounds pretty good
you get 2 degrees after 4 years, intership whilst in france which thus gives you the choice to study in europe or here and graduate starting salary, according to the Reims school is 30 000 euros which is about 52 000 in aussie dollars, also Reims is the centre of the champagne district! lol

i guess you have to work out if 15 000 dollars (uts estimate) required to live over there is worth that or not

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
That UTS estimate has got to be wrong.... it would cost more than that to live in France for a year.... unless it is in US dollars? It costs me $14000 a year to live in Sydney, and that is being kinda frugal.

It sounds like an awesome course though.

twat*

hey everyone,
i've also been looking at this integrated french degree, it looks really great apart from the fact that it'll be expensive for that year in france...

just wondering how many current yr 12 school leavers are actually interested and if anyone has any advice on choosing this degree as opposed to just business/international studies at UTS??

stephies

hey twat
did you end up apply for the IAFBP?
i did
i spoke to a guy whose doing it at the moment and it sounds absolutely amazing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)