Int Studies (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
Hi, I did a quick search but yielded nothing.

Just wondering if anyone has done this course and what they thought of it this year....was it good?

I have it as a preference and my UAI last year (I deffered a course this year) was very close to the UAI required to get into the course. I liked the sound of it but thought it was worth checking what students of the course thought about it....

Cheers,

Peartie

HSC
N/A
Flicking through handbook now - I actually can't find a B of International Studies? (you might have us mistaken for another uni)

However we DO have:

B of Creative Arts (International Studies) <-- I'm currently doing this one
B of International Business
B of International Communication

Peartie

HSC
I know its new....last year, well this year, was the first year of it so Itll be hard...thats the main problem...I was just hoping that there was SOMEONE on here that might be doing it!

X

xeuyrawp

I think there is someone on this forum who does it.

I haven't seen him online in ages, I think he does Italian or Spanish. Let me have a look - his avatar's something like a guy in a cloak playing a guitar.

Edit: Okay, I've looked, but I can't find him. He might do International Business or something. :/

Anyway, like everybody said, it's a new course. Was introduced for this year, so the INTSxxx (International Studies) units haven't even been started yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I think there is someone on this forum who does it.

I haven't seen him online in ages, I think he does Italian or Spanish. Let me have a look - his avatar's something like a guy in a cloak playing a guitar.

Edit: Okay, I've looked, but I can't find him. He might do International Business or something. :/
You were right. I just searched the categories and there is a dude on here who does it: knobblett. He hasn't been on here for about a fortnight though...

X

xeuyrawp

kami said:
You were right. I just searched the categories and there is a dude on here who does it: knobblett. He hasn't been on here for about a fortnight though...
I think I searched everything except for profiles. :rolleyes:

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
was just flicking through the UAC handbook and noticed the
B IntStudies and B laws is a new course...

does this mean that the UAI will be lower int he main round offers.. is that usualli the case with new courses??? cuz i've noticed unlike other uni's MQ offer different UAI's for Certain Combined law programs which is excellent...

jus wanting to know that... thanks :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
UAI cutoffs work purely off a quota/supply and demand thing. If they have 200 spots to fill, the 200th person's UAI ranging from highest-lowest in UAI/Preferences, is the UAI 'cutoff'.

New courses are hard to predict, and they can range from surprisingly low to suprisingly high, it all depends on how many people spotted the new course and want in, nothing more nothing less.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
thanks for that... so it could be as low as 90 if possible (highly doubt) or as high as 96 kind of thing...

X

xeuyrawp

Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
thanks for that... so it could be as low as 90 if possible (highly doubt) or as high as 96 kind of thing...

Obviously noone can guess, but I'd be very surprised if the BIntStud/LLB cutoff was lower than the BA/LLB (95.5) cutoff, considering
1. the BIntStud (85) cutoff was higher than the BA (83.15) cutoff in 2006, indicating a more general demand for the degree,
2. a lot of people just want to get into law, and may preference the the BA/LLB behind the BIntStud/LLB simply to maximise preferences, and
3. the uni might have less places in BIntStud/LLB than in BA/LLB.

It sounds weird, but I think a lot of prospective law students would be attracted to the BIntStu degree and would place it higher than a BA. Just a disclaimer: All of this is really a guess. :p

I drool looking at the program. If I was a bit more career focused, I'd pick it up.

That would be my take on it, but remember to play it as safe as you can and to use your preferences wisely!

Last edited by a moderator:

2rko

HSC
ive practically memorized the outline b.intstudies looks too good to me .. ive got a question im going to gain entry through non-award .. but 3/4 of my units are units you are required to do for a b. int studies so ... thats good right? the way i calculated it after a year of non-award id transfer over to a b. arts and then (hopefully) to a b. int studies .. and when in b int. studies the units that ive already done in non-award are counted so id be finished (altogether) in less then 5 years yes?

Peartie

HSC
well i got into the course...Ill be doing the Post-HSC Eurolanguage component - Intermediate German! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer hols

X

xeuyrawp

Peartie said:
well i got into the course...Ill be doing the Post-HSC Eurolanguage component - Intermediate German! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer hols
Good work!:)

I'll be doing GMN104 and GMN295 next sem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)