insecurity big tym need reassurance! :( (1 Viewer)

cko

HSC
O..M...G.... i soooo failed my 3U half yearlies *sob sob* i got like 58% and my class avg was 50%, but tha class avg's of tha other classes were 49% and all tha 4U ppl got +85% at the least! TELLLL me its all gonna be oright TELLLL me im still gonna make it to uni!!! :( im soo screwed... im really freakd out

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
look, dont worry. if you worry about what you have done in the past, you will only lose out in the future. Take this as a motivational event. Now you can improve from those marks, i am sure. Just refocus and use the exam paper as a tool to help you.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
dude, you have practically said yourself that it will be alright in that post. consider the facts:

1. forget about 4u people. they have nothing to do with you. they were getting 90+ in exams when the rest of us were getting 60s.

2. you got 58, the average was 50, and the others 49 - you got above average!! 8 percent above!

3. how did you fail with 58?

so, you sound a little like me last year. you can't compare your class marks to hsc marks, you will make it to uni.

the only thing to consider is - does your school generally set hard or ... i just checked your profile and your from girra.. meaning your school has to separate people for sure and would set harder exams.

and you're in the top 1/2 of girra students - you are going to do very well!

derrida

Old Hack
HSC
same i screwed up in the half yearlies. got simular marks....55%

We then had a topic test like 3 weeks later.

I basicly just went through the book and did all the questions for that topic the day before the test (stupid to start then i know) and in the test i got 98%. F#CK...... ive never got that in a maths test let alone 3 Unit. I guess it was the only time i studied. The lesson i learnt was that if its a huge general test you need to leave yourself time to study everything throughly i guess.

Either that or i fluked this.

Good Luck.

nike33

"1. forget about 4u people. they have nothing to do with you. ."

not true...you still compete with them for ranks

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cko
O..M...G.... i soooo failed my 3U half yearlies *sob sob* i got like 58% and my class avg was 50%, but tha class avg's of tha other classes were 49% and all tha 4U ppl got +85% at the least! TELLLL me its all gonna be oright TELLLL me im still gonna make it to uni!!! :( im soo screwed... im really freakd out
You go to girraween and you get above the class average, of course your gonna make it into uni

cko

HSC
well if u think about it i didn't beat tha avg at all because the average of ALL the ppl that did 3U (inc 4U) kikd my avg's arse n i don't think girra is even that particularly a good school anywayz...o wellz i guess i shud just try n deal with it as best n as quik as possible huh? no use cryin over spilt milk *waaaaaaa!*

CrashOveride

HSC
What can you do about it now? Absolutely nothing.
Do you need reassurance? No.
What should you do? Work harder hereon in.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cko
well if u think about it i didn't beat tha avg at all because the average of ALL the ppl that did 3U (inc 4U) kikd my avg's arse n i don't think girra is even that particularly a good school anywayz...o wellz i guess i shud just try n deal with it as best n as quik as possible huh? no use cryin over spilt milk *waaaaaaa!*
Just think about that fantastic chem result you got

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i hate chem its my worst sub and i haf to wrok fcukin so hard to get back to top10 =|

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
i hate chem its my worst sub and i haf to wrok fcukin so hard to get back to top10 =|
siff its harder than english :chainsaw:
EDIT: I'm ranked 12th in English now :confused:

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by nike33
"1. forget about 4u people. they have nothing to do with you. ."

not true...you still compete with them for ranks
yeah but at a school like girra, if it's just going to put you down then forget about them. imo.
Originally posted by cko
i don't think girra is even that particularly a good school anywayz...
:rolleyes:
how many people got over 90 in maths last year? minus the 4u people, see how many are left compared with how many did the exam, if the top half got 90 that would be you

Affinity

HSC
don't forget, 4U ppl aren't considered separate in the 3U course

aditya

HSC
hmm... 58 isnt bad... u can still pull out like 93 if you get like 100% from now on...

it all depends on how hard you tried to get 58... if you studied a few nights before the test *regradless how hard*, then you can get 90+ in your tests, if you studied a week before *hard* then you shoudlve got around 75....

depends on how SMART you are...

Abraxus

HSC
Well, my cousin got 5% for his 3u half yearly, mainly because he gives up easily and thinks all the stuff we do in it is useless. He fell asleep in the actual exam too, cause the reading time was enough to tell him he was stuffed, so he didn't even try to attempt it properly. He dropped down to 2u of course.

As for me, I got 40% for my school's half yearly, so a 58% looks really good from where I'm standing. All in all, I've been getting lower and lower marks since my Year 11 half yearly for 3u maths, as well as all the class assessments, and I've been working so hard all year to improve, and I didn't. I've just had enough of it now, so I dropped down to 2u. One of the Learning Support teachers has been telling me all year to do so, but I was stubborn and said that I could do it. So I finally gave in and dropped. I do 3 subjects with major works, so I guess she was right when she told me 3u maths is just gonna bring me down.

kochou

are averages for 3u maths usually around this low?
cos our scool's is around high 70s and it hoguht that was low enough...does this mean we have like really easy tests?? nooo ><

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
my school's average is around 50... but accordin to stats 55% of 3u pplz got band6 last yr

so yeh... i dun fink my grade is dumb its just our tests are hard[well actually only the last one was hard]

gman03

HSC
Hopefully you peopls's school count the trail exam more than the half yearly.... then you would able to get a higher rank at the end of the year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)