Inner journeys.. thesis statement? (1 Viewer)

jessikayo

HSC
what is a thesis statement related to inner journeys..

i have to write an essay on inner journeys and i have to pursue a thesis statement.

what does this mean?

HSC
example: 'the hardest part of any journey is the first step'

that was the thesis statement in in my half yearly. there's a list somewhere on the forum... it's basically a statement related to inner journeys.

basically, you have to make a thesis statement like that one (or they give you one) and you have to agree or disagree with it, using evidence from your text ie quotes/techniques.

so if your thesis statement is, 'inner journeys are imperative for personal growth and development' you would have an introductory paragraph agreeing/disagreeing, then analyse the text (using and explaining techniques/quotes), with a sentence at the end of each paragraph to link to your thesis statement, ie "this shows that character X's inner journey was imperative to his/her personal growth & development."

does that make sense?

Last edited:

loathi

Trans Girl
HSC
The thesis is basically the point you will be arguing and attempting to prove throughout the entire essay. For example here is my thesis on the inner journey:

The journeys into our mind and our past can serve as a means towards enlightenment and redefinition of self. In each journey the adversity we experience awakens latent obstacles imbedded dormant in our personas that can only be overcome through emotional and spiritual introspection. Through this self-contemplation we can discover meaning and enlightenment in the greatest of despondency.
You then must go on to prove what you are saying is true in the body of your essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)