InfoSys vs IT (1 Viewer)

user.125

HSC
Hi, would anyone be able to explain the difference between an Information Systems degree and an Information Technology degree? I've heard that the IT degree generally has less coding but I'm unsure of their differences. Thanks in advance!

cossine

HSC
Hi, would anyone be able to explain the difference between an Information Systems degree and an Information Technology degree? I've heard that the IT degree generally has less coding but I'm unsure of their differences. Thanks in advance!
I think it would be best to look at subjects in uni degree not the degree name. This because lack of standardisation plus there might be particular subject you are interested in.

But to answer information systems deal with information. E.g. so you made need collect some information that information may need go through information processes such display, retrieving, storing etc. Obviously involve IT equipment.

IT equipment refers to technology pertaining to information. This could be simple as a piece of paper or more complicated technologies like computer.

ballzak

HSC
What is the difference between doing Information Systems degree at UNSW and UNSW Commerce majoring in information systems?

cossine

HSC
What is the difference between doing Information Systems degree at UNSW and UNSW Commerce majoring in information systems?
So you can take look at the handbook. The UNSW Informations System is more IT focused than UNSW commerce major information systems. If your looking for job in IT UNSW information system would probably be better choice

ballzak

HSC
So you can take look at the handbook. The UNSW Informations System is more IT focused than UNSW commerce major information systems. If your looking for job in IT UNSW information system would probably be better choice
oh ok, thankyou

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)