Information Technology, UMacq - UNSW- UTS or USyd (1 Viewer)

emmkayyez

HSC
Hi all,

I am also interested in doing IT in uni. I want to do network administrating kinda thing... or a systems analysts but I don't do business. I also know I can do network admin at TAFE, which I guess would be my backup if I don't get into uni.

I was thinking of doing the Bachelor of IT in UTS and the other uni's which offer it. Is this the correct course? And can you guys provide some insight to the other courses?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Hi all,

I am also interested in doing IT in uni. I want to do network administrating kinda thing... or a systems analysts but I don't do business. I also know I can do network admin at TAFE, which I guess would be my backup if I don't get into uni.

I was thinking of doing the Bachelor of IT in UTS and the other uni's which offer it. Is this the correct course? And can you guys provide some insight to the other courses?

Yeah, it sounds like BIT/BscIT at UTS or comparable courses are what you want. They are both IT jobs. The "other" courses are Software Engineering - pretty self explanitory, Computer science - heavy on the theory of computing and algorithms and Computer Engineering - essentially a modified Electrical Engineering course. A lot of the jobs from any of those fields are accesable with any of those respective degrees (at the moment!) so it's not going to restrict you too much as long as you get the right work experience, connections, self study and certifications for what you want to do.

emmkayyez

HSC
Thanks! I was also wondering are there many females in these courses?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks! I was also wondering are there many females in these courses?
More than engineering, but still the majority are guys. 24% were girls in IT this year, 12% in engineering. Depends what uni as well.

jake25

HSC
N/A
Hi there.. Ford has announced to add 2,200 salaried jobs this year..Jobs will range from the areas of product development, manufacturing and information technology....Engineers and Information Technology experts are expected to get jobs...Go apply and get hired...Good luck!:wink:

HSC
i wanted your opinions, is a B Information Technology at Maquarie University recognized in the work industry? Will i have difficulties in getting a job?

After realising Insearch 1 year diploma is almost the cost of the whole degree, i'm rethinking things over and i am considering the possibility of going to UWS then transferring to Maquarie or UTS, i say MAQ even though i want to go UTS is because i heard UTS is reasonably difficult to get into i believe? Is it a credit average or distinction? and whats maquarie, not pass average is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)