Information Systems (1 Viewer)

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Hey i'm sorting out my UAC application as we speak and over the last month been looking at courses i think would suit me. I have leant towards a double degree in IT/Commerce but am slowly drifting from the IT side of things. What does the information systems degree consist of? Is it based on information technology or is it purely business...
Also i would love the combined degree with commerce but i am unsure if the ATAR cutoff is reachable but the straight info systems looks attainable, are internal transfers (adding of commerce) relatively easy? Thanks in advance and sorry for the amount of questions!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Its information technology. Besides first year in the single degree course, you will do infomation system subjects.

If you are doing double degree comm, there's the comm major is you want to do something like accounting or finance

keithstorey555

HSC
Hey, information systems is something I am really keen on (I have an early entry interview for Business Information Systems tomorrow actually!!) and it mostly revolves around the development and implementation of information systems that can be used within a business environment (or any other environment).
Combining an IS degree with commerce would be a great thing to do! It would definitely prepare you well for the business sector and IT. As it would help you to understand the technical work that needs to be done and help you to understand business functions and what not. Good luck and I hope I have helped!

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Its information technology. Besides first year in the single degree course, you will do infomation system subjects.

If you are doing double degree comm, there's the comm major is you want to do something like accounting or finance
hangover ON is strong

Ronaldinho10

HSC

Ok yeah that sounds awesome, i have been looking mostly at UTS because of the information technology side of things but if that is what information systems offers aswell thats great. Do you know if it is easy/possible to combined it with commerce at all without reaching the cut-off (transferring). How are you finding the combined, assuming you do IS?

Hey, information systems is something I am really keen on (I have an early entry interview for Business Information Systems tomorrow actually!!) and it mostly revolves around the development and implementation of information systems that can be used within a business environment (or any other environment).
Combining an IS degree with commerce would be a great thing to do! It would definitely prepare you well for the business sector and IT. As it would help you to understand the technical work that needs to be done and help you to understand business functions and what not. Good luck and I hope I have helped!
Wow the interview seems like a great opportunity! Yeah the general focus of technology within the enviroment of business seems very interesting and opens quite a lot of doors i guess. Good luck with your interview!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Im on the reserve list :/

Ronaldinho10

HSC
i'm pretty torn between B Business/BScIT (UTS) and info systems on my preferences.. any recommendations or advice?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Nup. Theres a flexi entry scheme for IS. If you dont think you will make the cut off.
Yeah I'm aware of that (had it for engo which was two weeks before co-op interviews), but they specifically said "early entry", and UNSW does NOT have any early entry schemes. The flexible entry schemes are flexible entry for main round and thereon afterwards ONLY.

Ronaldinho10

HSC
i'm pretty torn between B Business/BScIT (UTS) and info systems on my preferences.. any recommendations or advice?
hahaha...

and yeah those interviews are for people who think they'll get 80-90 atar but it thought they were held in november..

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
hahaha...

and yeah those interviews are for people who think they'll get 80-90 atar but it thought they were held in november..
Yeah I'm pretty sure they are mostly held in late November for semester on entries and scholarships and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)