Information received from Advice Line (1 Viewer)

crimsonking

HSC
The HSC Advice Line for Legal will be closed for a short period, so I've created this thread so we can put our minds at ease and just type what advice we have received:
  • In 'effectiveness' essays, reform can also be included
  • Balancing the needs of the individual and society is not always necessary (dependant upon the question)
  • Only 2-3 case laws are need to strengthen an essay and media can simply be 'The Diane Brimble case as seen in the Sydney Morning Herald' (no dates necessary) - I find this one 'iffy'. I thought around 10 cases would be a minimal, but the teacher said that you may be marked down if you use too many cases (mainly because some studnets try to wing it and try to gain extra marks by case lawing the fuck out of an essay. The dates for the media is a load of my shoulders.
  • Markers don't check dates, so if you want to bullshit a date, go ahead
  • 'Individual v society'. The individual can be the accused, victim, some in the sentencing process, a witness etc

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
as long as its close to the date... and if it isn't something realli realli important then i dunt think it mattrs... but lets say in a crime answer.. u get the Crimes Act 1900 wrong... that doesnt set a good impression to the marker...

with Family... it'd b good to note the Reform to family law... the family (Shared Parental Responsibility) Act 2006... that came INTO EFFECT IN JULY!... that'd b worth noting i reckon...

i hardly doubt they would lower your BAND for an essay... but you not gettin the dates, acts, whatever right, may get you the lower mark in the band (i.e. Band 6 but yoy may get a 21/25)... remember guys these social science subjex if your good at them and want the highest mark you need to set a good impression to the markers... so knowing some inquiries or reports is a good thing and quoting as well... there was recently a Crime Commission Inquiry into that incident at the UNSW roundhouse... shit like tht i guess....

so at the end of the day, you wont get dropped down to a lower band, but more so get the lower mark in that band that they put you in... once again it depends on how the marker feels etc...

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
wow so only two or three cases law? but newspaper articles and laws and opinion are not counted in that, yeah? i usually put lots of case law in my essays!

it makes sense that the emphasis is on the content though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)