Info on Econometrics (1 Viewer)

shivi

the grub
HSC
Hey guys, can you tell me a bit about this major UNSW doesnt have much info just saying: "Econometrics deals with the use of statistical methods to assist in modelling and understanding economic phenomena" Is it an enjoyable degree? What career prospects result?

+ would it be a good major alongside actuarial studies?

Thanks again

Affinity

HSC
Enjoyable? erh.. this really depends on you. seems like a lot of maths + curve fitting everyday so.. if you are into those sort of things then it's great.

Career prospects - can't answer this..

And you probably can't do this with actuarial studies.. since it's only available under B.Econ
but check up on this.

Affinity

HSC
It's better to team that up with marketing or something less numberish, because econometric + actuarial studies -> might as well doing a degree in mathematics.

HSC
while u cant do econometrics and actuarial studies under a single b com, u can do most of the subjects anyway in business economics or financial economics right? I'm doing actuarial next year as well and was thinking of combining it with financial economics.

Conspirocy

HSC
Affinity said:
And you probably can't do this with actuarial studies.. since it's only available under B.Econ
but check up on this.
You can do majors from the school of economics in the b.com

i think econometrics would be called business statistics

but yeah it would make for sense to do something like com/sci and do actuarial and maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)